Menu
Madmonk1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Box Upgrade

Hi - Just wondering if Virgin have any plans to upgrade TV boxes like they have with Broadband?

I have had the same silver box since day one!!! 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Box Upgrade

Upgrades come at an extra charge for V HD or Tivo boxes  although there are plans to further upgrade later in the year.

http://www.digitaltveurope.net/537512/virgin-media-to-launch-new-set-top-box/

All Replies
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Upgrades come at an extra charge for V HD or Tivo boxes  although there are plans to further upgrade later in the year.

http://www.digitaltveurope.net/537512/virgin-media-to-launch-new-set-top-box/

Madmonk1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick response. Guess it may be worth waiting!

0 Kudos
ArferDaley
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi - Just wondering if Virgin have any plans to upgrade TV boxes like they have with Broadband?

i am the same as you matey have had the same box for years  i refuse to pay for a new TiVo box when new customers get it automatically

the whole thing is a joke now  email we are upgrading your broadband speed for free 2nd Email Err your monthly bill gonna go up by around £4 

need i say more good luck with your quest for a free upgrade box

sorry for late post i don't visit all that often now

If It Ain't Broke
Don't Fix It
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ArferDaley wrote:

i am the same as you matey have had the same box for years  i refuse to pay for a new TiVo box when new customers get it automatically 

Is that the one you got the broadband through at about 512K?  I thought they were all scrapped long ago.   Unless you don't have broadband I would have thought that would have been replaced when the speeds got to much for it to handle.  I remember getting a router and telling customer services I didn't want it as my internet was fast enough already and I didn't want another box.  However they had switched off the internet on the box so I had no choice...

... I am pretty sure that if you called retentions on 150 they could at least give you a V HD box.  Or even a 500GB Tivo box on a discounted package.  Even the V+ boxes have been recalled and replaced.

0 Kudos