Menu
corseford
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere - Sky Sports

I am a new Virgin Media customer and I have Sky Sports included in my package. Now trying to use TV Anywhere to access Sky Sports.

I am using IE or Edge browsers in W10 and I have checked Flash Player & Silverlight are up to date.

All goes well until I get switched to the Sky Website. When I select "watch now" it asks me to "sign in". As soon as I select this I get an error which says "SKY ID Error 288".

Any advice please?

0 Kudos
mealticket
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere - Sky Sports

I tried to watch it on my tablet the other day. No joy either. I often find the TV Anywhere app very flaky tbh. Its asked me to sign in after already signing me in. Then it sometimes offers me the ability to "watch now..on Tablet" than falls over after a while and when I get nack in it withdraws the "on Tablet" option and offers me "on Phone" instead. If I choose that...it shows it on my tablet...sometimes. Liek I say...flaky. Sometimes perfect though.

0 Kudos
corseford
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Agree, TV Anywhere is really flaky. I was hoping Virgin might reply to my original posting as this is a big issue.

Is that too much to ask?

0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just checking, you are choosing the "Sign in with Virgin Media" option, on the left hand side of the screen and not using the main sign in screen details?

Strangely enough, it is OK for me in W10 with IE, but not Edge (in that case I get a message that "Chrome is an unsupported browser"!).

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos
corseford
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I get the Sky Error 288 when I select "watch now" which is the page before the option to select "virgin media customer"

0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That is an error from the Sky app, not Virgin.
From information gleaned from Sky forums (multiple faults, going back 3 years)

• It doesn't like you using a VPN to access the service, so if you are using one, you will need to turn it off.
    Sometimes rebooting your router will work. I'm guessing that their system has an issue with particular IP addresses and rebooting an ADSL router would probably result in a new IP address. This might not work for a Virgin router - mine tends to keep the same IP address.

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos
Jonstorm
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You need to sign out from the Sky Sports app,using the icon in the top right hand corner, then click on the Virgin Media link and sign in to it using that, with your Virgin login.

0 Kudos