Menu
CMarnell1
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere Android

I have an Asus Zenpad, completely new so not rooted or anything else.

Just downloaded the TV Anywhere app as per the instructions. It found our Tivo box which is by the superhub so things shouldn't be a problem.

It allows me to view what's recorded and the TV guide, but when I click to watch things on my tablet it acts as a TV remote only and plays them on my TV (the only thing the sidebar menu says when I click Watch Now is Watch On TV, no choice to watch on anything else eg my tablet.

I've put the ethernet cable in the back of the Tivo box and tried to select allow network remote via Home and Settings menus but no change.

Question: Why do I need another remote control to use my Tivo box (because that's all this is)?

TV Anywhere really is TV Nowhere. Any suggestions? We pay for this service as part of our package - it should work Smiley Sad

I've tried their troubleshooting guide, useless.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere Android

You can't watch your recordings on your tablet or any other device, only on your TV.

From the VM help pages:

What you can watch with Virgin TV Anywhere

If you’ve got our Virgin TV service you’ve got Virgin TV Anywhere at no extra cost. You can watch Live TV on the train platform, in a coffee shop, at the office or wherever there’s a broadband or Wi-Fi connection in the UK.

If you’re at home, Virgin TV Anywhere means that everyone can watch different things in different places. Or if you want to squeeze up on the sofa together, you won’t have to choose between the football and Peppa Pig.

On a computer you can also watch On Demand content.

On your Windows PC or Apple Mac

If the channel’s available as part of your TV package, and it’s part of our Virgin TV Anywhere line-up, you can watch it on your computer, wherever there’s a Broadband or Wi-Fi network in the UK. Plus depending on your TV package you’ll have access to a wide selection on On Demand content.

Live TV

Watch over 100 live channels anywhere in the UK with a broadband or Wi-Fi connection. For the latest on which Live TV channels are available to watch clickhere

Catch Up

Catch Up is the pick of the week’s TV, ready to watch when you want. No matter which TV package you’ve got you’ll be able to access Catch Up for free. You can search and browse Catch Up from BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 and then watch it on those players.

On Demand

On Demand is a selection of TV series, collections and one-off shows that you can watch any time. It’s like having a shelf full of box sets that’s always being kept up to date. You’ll find thousands of hours of drama, comedy, kids’ shows, documentaries and more..

What you can watch depends on what TV package you have, here’s how it works:

• Got More TV, TV M+ or L? We’ve picked a selection of programmes for you from the channels you’ve got on your telly, ready to watch on Virgin TV Anywhere on your Windows PC or Apple Mac as part of your TV package.
  • Got XL TV? Watch all the On Demand available on Virgin TV Anywhere as part of your TV package.

To see the latest line-up of what On Demand channels are available to watch using Virgin TV Anywhere click here

Note:TV M customers can’t view On Demand content on TV Anywhere.

On your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android mobile and tablet, Amazon Kindle Fire or Fire Phone

If you've got TiVo, you can get the Virgin TV Anywhere app for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android mobile and tablets or Amazon Kindle Fire or Fire Phone and watch anywhere in the UK with a broadband or Wi-Fi connection in the UK. If the channels are available as part of your TV package, and it’s part of our Virgin TV Anywhere line-up, you can watch it. You can also browse and discover new content, manage your TiVo box recordings and set a recording anywhere you have a data connection.

If you’re using an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch you’ll need to be on iOS 7 or above and have the latest version of our TV Anywhere app to watch live TV. For more information, including which Android devices are compatible, see ‘Technical Requirements for TV Anywhere

New channels are still being added, so, to see the latest line-up of what’s available to watch using Virgin TV Anywhere click here

Watching Sky Movies and Sky Sports on your computer, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or Android mobile or tablet

If you have a subscription to Sky Movies or Sky Sports you can watch them on the go with the Sky Movies and Sky Sports apps on your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android mobile or tablet and website on your Windows PC or Apple Mac.

If you subscribe to the Sky Movies Collection or Sky Sports Collection, you’ll also be able to access Sky Movies or Sky Sports On Demand content respectively.

For more information see, 'Watching Sky Movies and Sky Sports on the go'

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos