Menu
Martin0k94
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TIVO Box Recoring Issues

Hi guys

I have 3 TIVO boxes in or house. I have noticed lately that 2 of the boxes when viewing recordings, start to freeze, pixelate for a minute or so and then work normally again the rest of the program. When this happens you can't fast forward or rewind but if you try and leave it, the program jumps when it unfreezes. This is happening more frequently and is worst on a bedroom box.

Another weird issue I have with the main box is when recording F1, when I go to watch race I may forward it through the speaking t the start. What sometimes happens when doing this is it will jump to half way through race. This only happens on one box. I have deleted series link and created a new one and it has still been happening. Yo may ask why I record it on 2 boxes, it is for the reason I mentioned the main box jumping through the race.

I have rebooted both boxes but problems still occur.

Can you help or is anyone else having similar issues?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TIVO Box Recoring Issues

Hi MArtin0k94

I'm massively sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo boxes at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the TV service from our end for you. We're not detecting any major issues from our end although as you're experiencing this issue with more than one device I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi MArtin0k94

I'm massively sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo boxes at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the TV service from our end for you. We're not detecting any major issues from our end although as you're experiencing this issue with more than one device I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

pplsmith
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I'm having the same issue with recorded shows, was the problem resolved for you?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pplsmith,

Thank you for taking the time to message the team and Community, welcome in Smiley Happy

I am so sorry to learn about the recent issues on the TV services in relation to recordings. I have been trying to acces some of your details but have been unable to. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak soon Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
madiboo2011
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

We have been having this recording issue for a few months now, it's getting to the point where some recordings are unwatchable and we have to watch some things on catch up but not everything is on catch up and we do not always watch things within the time space of them being available on catch up. The Tivo box also seems really slow, menus take a while to load etc

0 Kudos
Martin0k94
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried a reset. It helped with my Livingroom box but not the bedroom. Bedroom box was replaced. Still happens very occasionally on Livingroom one. YOU WILL LOSE ALL RECORDINGS AND SIRES LINKS IF YOU DO THIS.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi madiboo2011

Welcome to the Community, normally we ask that you create your own thread so we can be sure to top on top but I'd like to take a look at this as soon as possible.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on this from our end for you, we're not detecting any problems at the moment although I can see that your box has been reset since your post. How have things been since then?

If you're still experiencing any problems, let me know and I'll look to escalate this for you right away.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos
Mattmid
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TIVO Box Recoring Issues

We have been having this recording issue for a few months now, it's getting to the point where some recordings are unwatchable due to the recordings pausing/jumping and pixelating. I'm not sure if it's the TiVo or the broadband that is causing it but I know it's getting to the point where I wish I never left sky. The Tivo box also seems really slow, menus take an age to load is so frustrating.
0 Kudos
Martin0k94
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm a user and had same issue with 2 of my tivo boxes. Carried out a factory reset on both which wipes recordings and series links. Worked for 1 but bag to get 1 me box and yes there are issues since update that makes boxes slow. You can speed of up by thumbs left, thumbs righthand the pause twice. It only works temporary like clearing ram.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mattmid,

Welcome to the Community!

I've responded to your message in another thread. Check out your private messages (purple envelope at the top right of your screen).

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos