Menu
oner
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TEMPORARY ACCESS TO SKY SPORTS

With the US Masters starting tomorrow I was wondering whether there is any sort of option to pay a one off daily or weekly fee for temporary access to Sky Sports HD and if so how to go about putting it into effect. I have done some brief Googling on this and came across something called Now TV which seemed to offer this but it seems to me that would "transmit" on my computer and not through my Tivo. Can anybody help?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TEMPORARY ACCESS TO SKY SPORTS

Sky Premium channels are only available for a minimum of 30 days.

NowTV is the appropriate solution if you want a day or week pass. As you say, it is a streaming solution. I access it from my iPad and the NowTV app, streamed to a Chromecast.

0 Kudos
UltraBadger
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I want exactly this, I have no interest in football etc., I just want to watch the Masters Golf. The only option I've been given is 30 days minimum subscription to Sky Sports for £31. (I bet that's not HD either). I might look at this streaming option, otherwise it's just the highlights for me.

0 Kudos
oner
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this. Do you get HD on Now TV?

0 Kudos
oner
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think you are right that the 30 day deal will not be HD. I thought that I read somewhere that BBC would not be covering The Masters at all but as far as I can dat Days 3 & 4 will be live on BBC2 from early evening UK time each day. I think there may also be some live coverage at other times on BBC Red Button. Hope so! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

oner wrote:

Thanks for this. Do you get HD on Now TV?

Sports channels can stream in HD at up to 720p on the majority of devices.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Streaming-Quality

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos