Menu
bob1963
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TCM appears then disappears

I have the basic TV package but was pleasantly surprised when the TCM movie channel became available recently..now it's disappeared again..any answers greatly appreciated
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TCM appears then disappears

Some channels are put onto a lower tier as a taster and after a set period are removed

0 Kudos
bob1963
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for prompt reply..rather shoddy attitude of virgin in my opinion..I'd assumed that it was one of the benefits of the recent £3.49 price hike..thanks anyway
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OK I'll see if they can ensure you don't get any future samples so you're not disappointed when they're removed.

PS As a TV XL (sorry Full House) customer, I didn't ask for a temporary price reduction while you got free access to some of the channels I pay for.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

bob1963 wrote:
Thanks for prompt reply..rather shoddy attitude of virgin in my opinion..I'd assumed that it was one of the benefits of the recent £3.49 price hike..thanks anyway

Channel owners take a cut of Virgins income for carriage of their channels on the more expensive packs. Occasionally they permit their channels to be extended to people on lower tiers, who are not contibuting to that income as a taster to get them to consider upgrading. I don't see why you consider that shoddy. Its called marketing, & you are getting something you would otherwise have to pay for.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

bob1963
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You're entitled to your opinion as am I. I'm also of the opinion that if this"marketing" is going to take place then at least give the customer notice of what's going on. I'm aware that I was previously not paying for the benefit of a new channel but assumed I now was as part of the £3.49 price hike, well above the current inflation rate.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Extra-Channels-free-this-weekend/m-p/3226721#M138469

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi bob1963,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with losing TCM.

As nodrogd had said, we will occasionally open up channels to lower packages. This enables customers on lower tiers to experience some of the great channels we have available so if they do decide to upgrade, they can see what they'd be getting.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos