Menu
Jack_C
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Switching to Sky for TV

I'm not happy with my TV package. It's partly my fault for choosing TV M but I didn't want to pay more than I did on Sky. Unfortunately I'm paying less but receiving a LOT less content and channels in return. Do I have to keep the TV package or can I cancel it and sign up to Sky for my TV while keeping Virgin for internet? I'm not sure if this would breach the contract I signed when I signed up.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Switching to Sky for TV

TV M is effectively free and so its removal will not decrease your charges; in fact, it may increase them and cause early disconnection charges.

0 Kudos
Jack_C
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping someone from the Virgin team will be able to look at the specifics of my package and let me know what my options are. I have an issue with Virgin at the moment, something to do with noise blockers causing problems which makes my TiVo menu slow, but not high enough priority to warrant having an engineer fix it... Hopefully they can take this into consideration.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As your issue is account related, it cannot be dealt with through this forum.

Best to call in and discuss with the Customer Relations aka "I want to leave Virgin Media" team. Available by calling 150 from your Virgin Media landline and taking options 4 then 5.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

PS I'm not sure why you think they should take into consideration your TV problem when you want to get rid of that service?

0 Kudos
Jack_C
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They should take that into consideration because I am not able to get the most out of my TV package when the TiVo and catchup menus are extremely slow and frustrating to use due to a problem with their exchange

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

....that's not what you said originally. Your beef was the lack of content.

0 Kudos