Menu
Mrs_Mumford_90
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Switching Provider

Hi,

I am new to Virgin Media and have a quick question. We have rang our current provider and have cancelled it, they've said the connection will be cut off on the 16th November 2016. Will Virgin Media still be able to be installed? Or should I reschedule the installation for the same date as my current provider services stops.

Shireen Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Switching Provider

You don't have an issue. All Virgin Media services are delivered via their own cables and do not re-use any of your current supplier's equipment.

The only issue potentially is if you have asked Virgin Media to keep your current telephone number but that is an issue for Virgin Media and not yourself.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You don't have an issue. All Virgin Media services are delivered via their own cables and do not re-use any of your current supplier's equipment.

The only issue potentially is if you have asked Virgin Media to keep your current telephone number but that is an issue for Virgin Media and not yourself.

corinnelou1s3
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

hello there i am wondering if this is true

I have been with virgin media since the 30th January 2017 and I was with talk talk. I telephoned talk talk up in December 2016 to inform them that I was wanting to give my 30 day contract termination as stated in any contract. Talk talk said this was ok and when my broadband was supposed to be disconnected in January was still on 2 days later, I telephoned talk talk and they informed me that I still got a couple of days usage of the internet and that I didn't have to worry about anything I was reassured that my internet and phone services was cut off on the 28th January 2017 2 days before I was having the virgin line installed , I then received a email statijg that I owed them £32 which I assumed was for the cancelation of my contract. however what talk talk failed to tell me was that if I wanted to keep my house phone number that I would have to get virgin media to contact talk talk to arrange their takeover of my phone line. at no point did talk talk inform me of this so I never knew any of it

I received a bill from talk talk yesterday stating that my new bill was for £42 and needed paying on the 3rd march. I immediately called talk talk to ask them why I was receiving this bill as I have no services with them to be informed that my contract had NOT been cancelled and I have to pay the bill as talk talk is my internet provider, I informed talk talk that I had disconnected their services when my contract had ended and was informed when I called again in January that my services has been disconnected due to termination of my contact

Now what I am wantring to know is WHY I never got told from virgin media that I needed to tell them to contact them to change my number over and how do I do thuis.

0 Kudos