Menu
furface48
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Switch Volume Control

I have a Sony Bravia TV and I'm tring to switch the control of Volume, power to my Tivo remote. How ever when it says press Clear & TV together and you'll see 2 green flashes then follow the instructions. I cannot get the 2 flashes , even taking the remote into another room away from the TV it doesn't work, shoving it up my jumper, in a bag, up the cats **bleep** it still doesn't work. Any solution and I will be grateful.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Switch Volume Control

Hi there furface48, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having difficulty in setting up your TiVo® remote control to work the volume on your TV, may I also take this opportunity to welcome you to our community.

I've double checked and you are using the correct method, I have found myself when trying to set mine up that holding the clear down first, then holding the TV button down whilst the Clear button is also pressed works just fine. You do need to hold these in for about 15 seconds before you see the flashing green light. 

If you can try this and let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Huw

P.S. I sure hope the cat is alright Smiley Wink 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
furface48
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No good doesn't work. Most of the instructions say press "Tivo" button.Haven't got one.

Remote is a Type 13 have tried everything to get the remote to pair up with my Sony Bravia TV so I can adjust the volume. I've  put it in a bin liner, been up the top of the garden in another room. It's been in the toilet with me. But will it flash green, NO. I was thinking of asking Stephen Hawkings if he coud figure it out.  Can you get Olive who does the instructional video on how to control the volume on your TV via the Tivo remote to come round my house and do mine.

Thankyou

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi furface48,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Please tell me that kitty is ok? Cat Sad

I'm sorry to hear that you've still had no luck with getting the TiVo® remote synced with the volume control.  

I'm guessing this is the Remote Control Guide you've been using?  It may be a rare instance where the remote control may not be functioning correctly to allow this procedure.  

If you've tried it the way Huw has suggested with no luck, it may be best to give our team a call.  follow the details in this post.  We can check this out for you and  if needed send you a new remote control.  

Let me know how you get on, we're here to help if you need us.

Collette. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
furface48
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've searched the web and found a Youtube clip by someone called Amos followed his instructions, your instructions, changed the batteries followed the link in your reply and I can't fathom how the hell that helps. All I want is an answer to " Why my Tivo Remote Type 13 will not flash Green?" I feel like I'm going around in circles. In fact send me a box of remotes so I can find one that works. By the way the cat is ok but runs a mile when it sees I have the remote in my hand.

0 Kudos
furface48
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tried ringing 150 after pressing all the buttons under the sun cannot find one that is any help. Reset this reset that. Why can't I find a HUMAN to talk too. Plus how do I order a new remote If I can't find some one to talk too?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi furface48,

Thanks god the kitty is ok Cat Tongue

If you're not having any luck getting through on 150 then give our online chat team a try via Contact Us Select TV > HELP WITH MY REMOTE CONTROL > CHAT ONLINE

If you decide to give 150 another try use option 2 then option 2 again and you should get through to one of our team who can help sort out the volume control, if not order a new one for you.

I'm sorry that you're experiencing trouble getting through to get this sorted.  Let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Collette.

0 Kudos
furface48
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tried the Chat online. Everybody busy call back later 4hrs everybody busy?? Eventually managed to speak to a Human by ringing the Cancellation line and asking to be put through to the Tech support desk. Minor panic because your operator thought I really was going to cancel. Spoke to a so called "Tech", my grandaughter knew more than he did and she's 11. Final outcome I'm getting a new remote. Yippee. I'm now going to lie down in a darkened room and drink myself unconcious. Not before I put the cat out.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi furface48,

Thanks for the update, I'm sorry you had a rough time getting to the point of getting a new remote control.  Hopefully it won't take too long to reach you and that it will work more smoothly in terms of getting he volume control sorted.

Let us know how you get on, we're here to help.

All the best Smiley Happy

Collette.

0 Kudos
gooding5
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Once you get your new remote follow  Virginmedia self care video about programming your remote , this can be found here.

Hope it helps 

Smiley Happy

I work in the VM Swansea Faults Center .All comments are my own.
I do NOT speak for VM.
0 Kudos