Menu
pezza4u
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Subtitles on Sky Cinema

I am looking to bring my TV back to Virgin from Sky. I already have the player bundle so basic channels but I can check the guide to see what shows have the (S) next to them. However, there are none on any of the Sky Cinema channels. So I want to check do all or at least most of these have subtitles?

I'm assuming there are still no subtitles for the ondemand movies though?

Are there any subtitle changes on the new V6 box like adjusting size etc?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Subtitles on Sky Cinema

pezza4u wrote:
Are there any subtitle changes on the new V6 box like adjusting size etc?

the V6 settings are the same as the TiVo, which means nothing other than on/off atm unfortunately.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
pezza4u
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Subtitles on Sky Cinema

I was at my in-laws last week and remembered they have Cinema with VM so I checked all the films on at the time and only 1 didn't have subtitles, the rest did. It's a shame they can't be changed to suit individual needs but I do understand the current ones work best for everyone, i.e. those with sight problems.

It would be nice if they could be added to the on-demand content and when streaming to apps, Sky is the same and doesn't have them yet Netflix and Amazon Video both manage to have them.

Anyway, I have upgraded to the movie bundle and have 2 new V6 boxes being installed tomorrow.

0 Kudos