Menu
Vfr800a8
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Streaming error- we encountered an error while attempting to stream this channel

Hi, I get the error code 'Streaming error- we encountered an error while attempting to stream this channel.[A:3328].

This has happened on multiple occasions and days on an iPad pro and MacBook pro, both of which have previously worked.  It happens with both premium and non-premium channels on various different networks.  I have remotely connected to both my Tivo boxes with the same result.

How can this be resolved?

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming error- we encountered an error while attempting to stream this channel

This looks to be a problem with fruit branded devices. Check that the device is registered at anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
Vfr800a8
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming error- we encountered an error while attempting to stream this channel

Both are listed and both have worked previously.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vfr800a8, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with this error message. 

I think the best thing to do first is to remove all traces of TV Anywhere from both devices and start again from scratch. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove both the registrations by clicking on the Delete button. 

Once you've done this, delete the app from the iPad and also delete the cache, cookies and browsing history from the Macbook Pro then close the browser. 

To make things easier, if you concentrate on getting 1 device working first. Once that's done we can then look at the other one. 

First up - the Macbook Pro. Open up Safari or Firefox (use one or the other) and go to the TV Anywhere website and log in. Go to 'On Now' and try to stream Channel 4. This should then prompt you to register the device. Follow the prompts on the screen and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go with this device before trying to register the iPad. 

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos