Menu
Hedge1974
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Stop message Virgin+ HD Samsung box

This message appeared on our box yesterday, I tried the troubleshooting already mentioned in other posts (holding power button for 10 seconds, unplugging box etc), this has had no effect whatsoever. We then contacted Virgin who informed me that it is not a multi streaming box and we need 2 TiVo boxes at the property in order for this to work as such! I was also informed that as we are not paying for the extra box due to it being a free offer as part of our package they would not be able to send out an engineer!? Is this the case and can anyone recommend a way forward to resolve this issue? 

Mamy 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Stop message Virgin+ HD Samsung box

Sounds like the CS agent got their wires crossed.

Boxes that constantly display STOP are usually dead & need replacing.

Is it a multiroom box? If so it should show on your bill even if it is zero rated, & they should replace it with another refurbished V+ box.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sounds like the CS agent got their wires crossed.

Boxes that constantly display STOP are usually dead & need replacing.

Is it a multiroom box? If so it should show on your bill even if it is zero rated, & they should replace it with another refurbished V+ box.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Hedge1974
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, contacted VM again and the issue was resolved with a replacement box 👍
0 Kudos