Menu
AH_1899
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Stop Message on Virgin V+ HD Box

I have had my V+ HD box for sometime and this morning the STOP message has appeared, is there any remote tests that can be done before I contact support for a visit?

The V+ HD box is a second box upstairs to go with the TiVO box downstairs.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stop Message on Virgin V+ HD Box

If STOP remains displayed the box will not boot up, so no remote tests will not work. You have no choice but to ring faults

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Press and Hold the power button on the box itself for 10 seconds. if that does not cause it to reboot then the box is dead. 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there AH_1899, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear your V+ HD box is causing you a bit of grief with this STOP message. 

The advice that both nodrogd and AMWSmith have given is top notch as usual. I've located your account using your forum credentials and have run some testing and it seems that you're still experiencing some issues, so I'd now like to look towards booking a technician to call out and investigate further, so I'll send you a private message in order to get things moving. 

Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ajhart1975
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wow we have the same problem our V+ box upstairs also says StoP does this mean we need a new box as it hasn't worked since December 2015, and I wonder if someone can help me out.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ajhart1975,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're also getting this error STOP on your V+ service.  I'll be happy to help get an engineer booked in for you.

I will send you a private message with further details.  Look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos