Menu
mdavids
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Still no TV service after 3 days and clueless customer service.

My services were knocked out by Friday night's storms (Newcastle area). I got my broadband back Friday evening but both my TV boxes haven't worked since.

The service status page stated it was to be fixed by Friday evening, then Sat. dinnertime, then Sat evening, then Sat night. then it was supposedly fixed but as I stil had no TV I rang up to arrange an engineer.

Booked for Wednesday morning, not ideal but my Partner is off so actually good timing. I requested that the engineer was not to be cancelled unless I called to let them know the TV was working. Apparently this wasn't a problem, my repair was high priority so the engineer would definately come.

3:00 pm today I get a text telling me the engineer was now cancelled, there is still a fault in the area which should be fixed by tonight so he wouldn't be needed.

6:00 pm today. Service status states TV is working. Mine isn't so yet another 15 minute call to arrange an engineer call out and to ask why the original appointment had been cancelled despite my explicit request not to do so.

No explanation given, earliest appointment is now Thursday which is no good, we are both at work I'm currently waiting for a Manager to call me back which I'm pretty sure won't actually happen. I just want my original appointment re-instated.

In the meantime, as I have no other means of watching TV apart from virgin I've ordered some cable so I can hook up the aerial in my loft and I'm going back to freeview which if I'm honest is all I really need. I can't even use the TV anywhere service as that hasn't worked since Friday.

Really not good enough, 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still no TV service after 3 days and clueless customer service.

Hi mdavids,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry for the trouble you've had, I can totally understand your frustration!

I've had a little look at your account and I can see the technician has been out to fix this for you. How'd it go? Is everything working OK now?

I can also see on the account that a manager gave you a call back to discuss your issue.

Let me know if you need anything else.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mdavids
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh, thanks for taking the time to reply. Finally got an engineer round last Thursday (TV went off the previous Friday) who replaced both our boxes, I can't fault that side of the service.

However it took about 5 phone calls at about 15 mins each time to actually get to that stage. Problem was each time we booked an engineer call out it got automatically cancelled as there was an area fault. Our neighbour's service had came back on by this stage so we knew the problem was a broken TV box.

We'd made plans around a Wednesday apppointment, only to then get a text cancelling it, then being told we couldn't have Wednesday when we tried to re-book . Very frustrating.

Sorted now, I've been with Virgin well over 10 years now and to be fair have had very few problems, just feel a bit let down on this occasion.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi mdavids,

Thanks for updating me!

I'm glad the technician sorted that out for you and I apologise for the experiences you had leading up to that resolution.

It's unfortunate that there happened to be network faults in your area while you were dealing with an isolated issue at your address. The blanket cancellations cover any faults that are likely being caused by the network outage. Sometimes, this can mask an isolated fault with the same symptoms.

I'm sure this will be a one off but if you do get any more trouble like this again, just give me a shout.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos