Menu
tanithrea
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Stayed With Virgin - BIG MISTAKE

I was moving house due to a bereavement, and I stupidly after telling myself I should leave was convinced to stay. Then it was 'this is a good pack and you can change it later right up till the installation date.'
When I called to say change the pack to lower it, every excuse under the sun. "Only the moving home team can do this deal" when I said to remove the movies "you only save £4 taking that off" my favourite was the non U.K. Agent that when I said I wanted to move to lower pack said they didn't exsist could I send him "screenshots" of your own website and then no surprise gave me an email that bounced. 2hours put aside for any phone calls is an average as the online chat is always busy and closed emails which were pointless as the forms meant there is no paper trail due to auto deleting customer emails after set times. Booked a time on a day without telling me then took a week to rebook an engineer, first engineer was told old equipment to be set up and just happened to have supplies in van to complete set up I was told I was To get, new TiVo box went faulty within first 1.5wks, again for the third time within 14day period I asked for lower pack or extras removed and got big 4department pass around to tell me can't do that and then pack was reduced slightly and I was adamant they would muck it up and hey presto bill in - not fixed. I tried to pay December one saying to them you better not take three months to produce this 'first bill' and then want it all at the one time - guess what. Yip. Package price not fixed, and I'm not paying for 'package changes' when I asked to leave and you said stay and we'll give you all you have for much less yet you are trying to bill £90 for that excuse. All this added into years of old account being ridiculously over priced for services given and no amount of 'each household is individual' is going to change the fact that you are leaving ppl paying more for less and using the excuse of its tailored for each household. I urge all those on 'legacy' packages or who have been with you since you bought telewest to seriously check broadband speeds and supplied equipment. 2+years of emailing saying that was not value got me nowhere, and I should have cut my losses and ran for the hills. I'm now checking consumer rights rights as the service and failures since my move and in dealing with my account have left me frustrated, angry and seriously NOT a fan of virgin as a service provider or a company. The code of practice says available by email - you removed it. phone which takes forever with people who can talk you round in a circle with bill breakdown and a line for everything to waste time is the only option as the online chat has never been available when I needed it. Or snail mail which is maybe the only option I haven't tried yet. Awful, awful, awful.
0 Kudos
tonyworks
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stayed With Virgin - BIG MISTAKE

Just remember that virginmedia is a communications company ...... With NO email contact????

HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stayed With Virgin - BIG MISTAKE

tonyworks wrote:

Just remember that virginmedia is a communications company ...... With NO email contact????

Seems to be a 'one way communication' company

When THEY are trying to 'sell' you something, there is instant communication. (They 'pester' you every week to 'upgrade')

When YOU want to sort out a 'problem' then there is NO communication.. (They take 3 WEEKS to reply, then don't bother to follow up for another 3 weeks!!)

Yanks with their hands in the till syndrome..