Is Spike TV on Virgin Media?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spike TV

No.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

Flossy744
Superfast
Message 3 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Fran1950 wrote:

No and its most annoying as its a "Free View" channel. There are a few "Free View" channels that Virgin (L) package TV that we don't get, we should be able to have all the Free channels thats what they are Virgin FREE !!!!!!!

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Flossy744 wrote:

Fran1950 wrote:

No and its most annoying as its a "Free View" channel. There are a few "Free View" channels that Virgin (L) package TV that we don't get, we should be able to have all the Free channels thats what they are Virgin FREE !!!!!!!

You seem to assume that channels such as Spike are made freely available to VM. There is a cost to acquire these channels and, since these channels are freely available, on Freeview for example, I don't particularly want VM to waste money on them. I pay VM, more than enough, to get channels that are not available on Freeview, i.e. Pay channels.

If you want to see Freeview channels then use Freeview.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 36
Flag for a moderator

What's going around the rumour mill at the moment is that VM may be sitting on all spare capacity to allow for the launch of temporary Olympics streams this summer. When we had the London Olympics in 2012, the 50 temporary channels were then followed by a plethora of new channel launches during the following autumn & winter.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Flossy744
Superfast
Message 6 of 36
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

Flossy744 wrote:

Fran1950 wrote:

You seem to assume that channels such as Spike are made freely available to VM. There is a cost to acquire these channels and, since these channels are freely available, on Freeview for example, I don't particularly want VM to waste money on them. I pay VM, more than enough, to get channels that are not available on Freeview, i.e. Pay channels.

If you want to see Freeview channels then use Freeview.

I assume nothing, I pay good money to VM just like you !

Seeing as you seem to be in the know how, then tell me how I can watch the free view channels that VM don't show, as I dont know.

The VM box v hd is plugged in and I can only view what VM let me, unless you know different, and I have a feeling you do.

Flossy.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 36
Flag for a moderator

You simply change the Source on your TV to the TV's own tuner.

Usually there is a button marked TV on your TV's remote or go via the Source button on your TV's remote.

All TVs have Freeview access.

Flossy744
Superfast
Message 8 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

Usually there is a button marked TV on your TV's remote or go via the Source button on your TV's remote.

Thank you very much, I have pressed the TV via the source button before but I only get a black grey speckled screen, no picture and I am frightened to mess with anything else, I appreciate you posting. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Flossy744 wrote:

Ernie_C wrote:

Thank you very much, I have pressed the TV via the source button before but I only get a black grey speckled screen, no picture and I am frightened to mess with anything else, I appreciate you posting. 

You also need an aerial plugged into the socket at the back. Some people will need rooftop aerials in difficult locations, but in most areas a set top aerial will suffice, particularly if you don't use Freeview very much.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Flossy744
Superfast
Message 10 of 36
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

Flossy744 wrote:

Ernie_C wrote:

You also need an aerial plugged into the socket at the back. Some people will need rooftop aerials in difficult locations, but in most areas a set top aerial will suffice, particularly if you don't use Freeview very much.

We do have a roof top Ariel, and there is one plugged into the back, I thought that was VM but does there TV just come through the white thing on the top of the skirting board that goes to the V hd box ? and would I turn off the VM box if I wanted to watch a free View Channel that VM don't show.

0 Kudos