Menu
Peter_L
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

South Today replaced by London for the last 2 days - what's going on?

I live in Oxford and I usually get BBC South Today on channel 101 on my Tivo. The last two days I have been forced to watch BBC London which is of no interest to me whatever - this has happened occasionally but never for 2 days in a row. Can't you get your act together and keep me in the right region?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: South Today replaced by London for the last 2 days - what's going on?

Who is to say its Virgins problem. I was on holiday in Cornwall last week, using a Sky+ box. On several occasions the London news was showing on 101 despite the EPG data clearly showing I was tuned to BBC South West, & should have been seeing Spotlight news.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Peter_L, 

I'm sorry to hear that your BBC regional channels have been mixed up a little, I've taken a look into things from our end, and you should be receiving BBC Oxford on Channel 101. I've just sent some signals down to your TiVo® so that it is showing the correct BBC region.

This may cause the TiVo® to reboot. Could you please monitor the situation and let me know if this has fixed the issue for you. 

Many thanks and apologies again

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I've just  checked the  1.30pm and 6.30pm versions from channel 101 on Wednesday and they were South Today at 1.30pm and Oxford News at 6.30pm (although also called 'South Today').

The only way I can get London News on TiVo is by going to BBC1 England or BBC1 AD  -  which are meant to be BBC1 London.

If London News goes out on 101 in Oxford area - it would be a BBC switching issue which occasionally happens if there is a local studio fault.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You can also get this issue with BBC Breakfast if you use the BBC News channel (601 or 604) instead of 101.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Peter_L
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I don't really care what your records show - we were receiving London local news on those two days. Also the local news at 13:30 today was London. 

I live in Oxford which is miles away from London and well within the South Today region so why do I get a mix of Oxford and London? Is your cable network not fit for purpose?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Who is to say its Virgins problem. I was on holiday in Cornwall last week, using a Sky+ box. On several occasions the London news was showing on 101 despite the EPG data clearly showing I was tuned to BBC South West, & should have been seeing Spotlight news.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Peter_L, 

I'm sorry to hear that your BBC regional channels have been mixed up a little, I've taken a look into things from our end, and you should be receiving BBC Oxford on Channel 101. I've just sent some signals down to your TiVo® so that it is showing the correct BBC region.

This may cause the TiVo® to reboot. Could you please monitor the situation and let me know if this has fixed the issue for you. 

Many thanks and apologies again

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Peter_L
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I am having exactly the same problems as I did last year. For the whole of last week I was getting news from London instead of Oxford (South East region). It is so frustrating as there's nothing I can do to change it to what should be the default region - I even tried rebooting my TIVO but it still booted up showing the London local news. Last time a moderator did a test on my tivo and reset it but do I have to go through all this process in order to get things put right?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peter_L,

Welcome back and I'm sorry to hear this has happened again.

I have sent the appropriate update to your box to help correct this for you.  Can you please reboot the box to refresh and let me know if this has resolved this for you?

Please keep me posted, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Peter_L
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Collette, I noticed that we were receiving South Today yesterday evening so I don't know what happened - I assumed someone had reset my Tivo remotely before 6pm yesterday.

Peter

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peter_L,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

I'm pleased to hear you're now getting the correct regional news.  I was able to send an update to the box to realign it with the correct part of our network.  

I'm sorry for the disruption this caused.  Should it happen again don't hesitate to give us a shout.  We're here to help if you need us.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos