Menu
Judeac
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sound dropout

Just wondered whether anyone else experiences sound dropout on their Tivo.

We get sound dropouts of around 3/5 secs and can happen up to 5/6 times during a programme which can be really annoying.  We have phoned technical support who send signals down to our box, tell us to change the audio for DD to DD for PCM and it makes no difference at all.  We've also restarted the box,

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound dropout

Hi there Judeac, 

Firstly I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some sound issues through your TiVo® this certainly does bode well. 

I'd start by asking, do you have your TiVo® connected to any sound equipment? - a sound bar or surround sound system - if so, could you use the sound directly through the TV just to see if it continues to cause a problem. 

Please let me know how you get on with this. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Judeac
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw_B

Thanks very much for your response, much appreciated.  We have now established that the offending object is a switch that we had on the surround sound system to enable us to switch between apple tv etc. etc.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all, 

Glad you got to the bottom of it. 

Cheers.

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos