Menu
nomad34
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sound and vision synchronization

I have trouble permanently, and I do mean permanently, with sound and vision being out of synchronization. It does not matter whether it is live tv or recorded programmes. The out of sync timing varies, but it is never as it should be. Reading comments from  Virgin customers it would seem that this is a Virgin Media system failure, and one which they lack the ability or competence to remedy. If this is so I too will very soon be changing my service provider.

If anyone out there has any solutions or comments, please let me know. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound and vision synchronization

Hi Nomad34,

Many thanks for you post into the Community, I'd like to welcome you back.

I'm sorry to hear about both Audio and video being out of sync here, this isn't the best.

I'd like to know a few things here as after running some needed tests, the TiVo is coming back with some really healthy levels. Can you tell me if this is happening on specific channels?

I have also been running some tests on any broadband you may have in the home and I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
nomad34
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the problem seems to not have any pattern and the sound and vision are out of synchronization all of the time. Not on specific channels, and also on both 'live' and recorded viewing. Any help will be much appreciated, thanks, Richard Barnes

0 Kudos
fishlotus
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nomad34

I also have the same problem the sound of people talking does not correspond with the lips moving at all, just the sync is way out. It happens on all channels all the time. I have looked at loads of page options on the Tivo box and the TV but it is still out of sync. Havnt tried turning off then on though.

Have you found anything out yet?

fishlotus

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fishlotus, 

Thank you for taking the time to speak in the Community, welcome into the Forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you've been experiencing the lip syncing you've mentioned, I would like to help and have done some tests.

I've had a good look at the TiVo and she looking quite healthy, however I did notice that a Tuner that the TiVo uses isn't running as it should be. If the show is being played on this tuner it will give you some issue and I'd like to arrange an engineer to come out. 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos