Menu
Mervynthomas
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sound and Vision Cracking up

I am getting a lot of what I call cracking up -- large cracking sound accompanied by visual distortion and stutter of the service delivery.

Seems to be happening mainly on BBC Channel 2 late in the evening.

This has happened for several years but appears to be getting worse - even with a new Samsung Smart TV.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound and Vision Cracking up

Hi Mervynthomas,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting picture and sound disruption on the BBC 2 channel.  I will check this out for you.

I have taken a look and there is a signal fault that I can see.  It will require an engineer to call round and fix for you.  I will send you details in a private message, look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Mervynthomas
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Technician came and definitely made an improvement to signal and the cracking up did not occur that evening.   He found a loose connection which when fiddled with, created the symptoms I have been experiencing

However there were a couple of instances of it happening last evening (March 17th)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mervynthomas,

Thanks for the update and I'm pleased to hear that for the most part the issue seems ot be resolved.  

Has this happened again since the 17th?

I have taken a look at the box remotely and all looks fine signal wise at the moment.  Let me know if there has been any further occurrences and I can help further.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Mervynthomas
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Collette,

the situation has much improved but occasionally but I am still experiencing occasional cracking  of sound and a stutter on vision. Two nights ago this was quite evident on BBC 2 in the evening so I switched to looking at the same channel live on BBC iPlayer through the wi-fi signal.   This was perfect.

Not sure if this helps but I will keep looking and report back next week.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mervynthomas,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the issue still persistent.  I hope things have improved for you, if they haven't please do let me know and I'll arrange for an engineer to call back round and fix this for you.

Collette. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos