Menu
SandraB1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sound Cutting Out

Hi Since last night the sound on our Sharp TV keeps cutting out every 5 to 10 minutes. The picture is fine and if we switch it off and back on again it is ok for another 10 minutes then goes off again - any advice please or is it a new television?

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound Cutting Out

Hi SandraB1,

Thank you for coming in and posting about this sound cutting out, it's never the best when this happens.

I'd like to welcome you in and offer some support by trying to narrow down a few things here. Before you go looking for a new shiny TV I'd like to know:-

• Is this happening on Live TV or Recordings?
  • Is this whilst on any particular show?
  • Are you seeing this on any other TV (only if you can test that is)?
  • Are you running the TiVo through any third party audio equipment, (like a Sonos)?
  • Are you able to try an additional HDMI cable?

Anything else in the meantime you'd like to ask me please let me know Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
SandraB1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

It seems to of stopped now the really hot weather is over - I know it sounds stupid but could it be the heat?

It was happening on all channels on live tv not recorded and I only have 1 tv so can't check others. We are not running tivo box through any third party and have changed the HDMI cable.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi SandraB1 Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming in and posting back to me on what you've tried Smiley Happy

That is an interesting suggestion although unlikely it's not impossible. I have checked the connection and your signal levels are working really well so nothing there.

If the issue has corrected itself then I would say keep an eye on this and I will be here for any future support that you need Smiley Happy

All the best and I hope you're enjoying your week so far Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos