Menu
MJkpio
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

So many problems! Freezing now

After all the constant reboot issues I've been having the virgin tv box has now decided to stop responding altogether!

Watching a recorded show, paused it, went to play it again but didn't respond to the remote... buttons on the box aren't responding either.

Any ideas why it's just frozen?

(Restarted it and now it's just doing its 10min or so long rebooting cycle, over and over!)

Thankfully I have a VM engineer coming on Monday and will ask for a new box if I can.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: So many problems! Freezing now

Slow responses from V boxes can be due to signal issues as well as box faults. As boxes are rented & hence fault callouts free it is worth getting checked out if symptoms persist for more than a week. Signal levels can usually be checked remotley by Customer Services.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
MJkpio
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: So many problems! Freezing now

"Slow responses"... it froze for 20mins before I flipped the switch! Ran the usual "test your service" tests with a "no problems detected" response.

As I've got the VM guy coming on Monday anyway I'll continue to monitor and note down problems. So far I've had more problems with this VM box in 4 months than with EE's tv box when it was new and a bit buggy in 18months!
0 Kudos