Menu
Jams-Myth
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Snigger alert - Question on Big Kahuna and Adult Channels

Ok so signed up to Big Kahuna few weeks ago. All good. Speed fine. Getting used to the TIVO etc

However was flicking through the channels at the weekend and noticed that none of the adult channels work.

Was casting my mind back to when I bought the package and was sure that some of the adult channels where included. 

Checked the link

http://store.virginmedia.com/big-bundles/big-kahuna.html?intcmpid=bundles_home_cta_findoutmore_bigka...

Yep would seem so.

Contacted Virgin. No sir none of the channels are part of the package.

So my question is am I going bonkers or are Virgin lying and misrepresenting themselves online.

Just wanted to check before contacting the ASA.

Cheers People.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Snigger alert - Question on Big Kahuna and Adult Channels

Welcome - I can't see from the page that you linked to how you could conclude that any of the adult channels are included in your bundle. VM have never ever included these channels in their bundles. They have always been at an additional charge - per night or by subscription.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Jams-Myth
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

All well and good but look at the image below and tell me that it does not advertise adult channels as part of the package?

0 Kudos
Jams-Myth
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Am I desperate for the channels no. Am I annoyed at what amounts to false advertising. Bet your ass I am.
0 Kudos
Jams-Myth
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just too underline it. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm not going to argue this with you. You might be right. let's see what others including VM staff might say.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Jams-Myth
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Howard. Wasn't arguing simply stating fact. Just wondered why one virgin operator is telling me one thing but when I contact them they tell me something completely different.

The sales staff tell me (as you can see) its included. Contacted the support team. No its not included. So I can only assume that they are lying, misinformed or really no very good at their jobs.

Would be great if someone at Virgin contacted me on this. Think its a case of once your signed up they sign off.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've just checked each of the TV bundles in the VM line up and it looks like there is something odd going on with the web site. Each bundle shows the adult channels as "included"; and lots more too.  But that can't be right. 

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Jams-Myth
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That's what I thought. Definitely something not right. At least it would seem I am not nuts (or at least not nuts because of this particular scenario).

Odd thing being I have actually asked 2 different Virgin staff members now directly if the adult channels are included and they have both given different answers. Sales staff - Yes they are! Support (laughable) - No they are not!

Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Jams-Myth, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say thank you for your post. 

The channels are available on all packages, as a pay per view option. For example, if the channel was unsubscribed you would get a message when you tuned into these channels saying you are not subscribed and to contact us in order to subscribe. 

The listed channels will appear when you tune into them, however you will then get a slate saying that to watch the content you need to purchase them for the evening. 

I've sent an email further up the chain to see if we can get the site changed, so that it states that these channels can be purchased on a PPV basis. 

Thanks again

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules