Menu
joysaunders
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Smartcode Error on V+ box

I have an error on the V+ box on the 2nd multiroom box saying smart card invalid

To be honest I have nothing but issues since this was installed around Christmas time. My daughter has been unable to watch any tv. Everytime we call up to report an engineer gets sent but nothing is resolved

I don't see why I should have paid for the previous months when it still isn't sorted

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Smartcode Error on V+ box

Has the box been turned off for long periods?

These boxes are designed to be left in standby when not in use, so that network updates are still received by the box & it therefore remains live on the system.

You can either ring 150, or wait here for a Forum Team member to respond, & they will send the necessary updates to your box.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
joysaunders
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

No the box hasn't been turned off for long periods.

Also tried to call 150 but can never get through

Will await reply and try again if no response

Thanks

Joy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi joysaunders

Sorry to learn about the problem you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment, I've been able to locate your account and take a closer look at this for you.

To allow us to resolve this issue, we'd need to speak with you and clear security. To do that, give us a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other line. 

Once you've done that, you can ask the person you speak with to read through my notes as a reference for how they can help, (just phrase it as read Craig's notes). 

I'd love to hear how you get on, 

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos