Menu
tvcustomer
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Smartcard is invalid error 3009, was promised by manager it would be started before today

We had our tv service moved to a new address the other day and since the install we've had nothing but problems and no tv.

When we moved we brought our old box along to reuse, it was not valid for this area even though we were told it would be by the sales person who handled the move. When the first engineer installed the old tivo he said this would not work and installed a new box that worked for this area. We were left with the old box as well so we could set up an account in the old area to get the shows back off it (needed for reference for tv work).

We then called tech support to see if there was any way to copy the old shows over to the new box, they said that was no problem to use the old box and swap the cards over.. which we did (although surprised at the change).. the old machine did not work and the new machine stopped working too since the card was messed with. After a long time on the phone and going through to a manager they could not fix things remotely and booked an engineer for the Saturday morning (since I am a contractor who loses money by the hour during the weekdays when not working).

On Saturday the engineer turned up and promptly said .. oh that won't work why did they tell you to swap the cards? Then explained why it wouldn't work .. which was a lot like what the previous engineer said, wrong area, machine from another franchise.. all very easy to understand since I'm an engineer myself. After a helpful session with him he got things sorted out with the main office to leave the new tivo box where it was plugged in with the new card. I then phoned customer service and they spoke to the engineer directly and he explained things to them, they seemed to escalate things and a manager spoke to me and promised me that this machine would be activated and the card validated within 24hours, guaranteed.

The lady on the phone after said she would call later about it, after well over 24 hours nothing has changed, still no tv since Thursday. I've now called the tech support again and was put through to someone in an Indian call centre who made me go through the entire process of explaining everything... then went through exactly the same diagnostic process as the very first person who broke everything and asked me to swap the cards over!

He kept getting most of the details of what I said wrong, kept telling me I was not being helpful and all kinds of very unfriendly service, I was told by the engineer yesterday after he spoke to the office that this should be handled by a department here in the UK who would be able to sort it out quickly and told me the name of it which I was to say to them if I called.. I said that and he said there was no need for that and ignored my requests..

Now I've been told by him I have to book and engineer at the very earliest on Tuesday which is completely unacceptable since I've make it very clear it needed to be resolved this weekend due to contract money loses.

I was promised this would be working by earlier today and nobody has followed up on this, how can this be resolved ASAP? (well before tuesday.. as promised)

And how do I make a formal complaint against a manager if they have failed in a verbal promise? It has literally cost me money due to lost work hours, I at least want that to be know to the staff hierarchy at the highest appropriate level.

Regards,

Quite an angry customer.

0 Kudos
tvcustomer
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Smartcard is invalid error 3009, was promised by manager it would be started before today

Why have no staff members or forum admins replied to this post? I have asked a clear question and I came here out of desperation after customer support were very rude on the phone and refused to transfer me as an engineer asked me to tell them to do.

I have no tv and I AM PAYING FOR SERVICE THAT DOES NOT WORK

Please respond immediately or I will be posting this on my very active reddit account.

I was promised a working service and I have lost £340 to lost contract work after being lied to about having it fixed (now I am told I have to miss more work to book an engineer this week)
0 Kudos
tvcustomer
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Smartcard is invalid error 3009, was promised by manager it would be started before today

I have also spent 3 hours on my mobile waiting on hold for fixes and gojng through menus.. DO NOT tell me to call the call centre, I have a formal complaint letter I am mailing about the manager I spoke to last night.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi tvcustomer

Welcome to the community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you've had in getting your set top box to work at the new address. 

I'd like to take a closer look at this from our side for you, so I can do that are you able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view that message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page. 

Once again I'm massively sorry for the issues you're experiencing at the moment, I'll take a look at the action is being taken and I'll be in touch as soon as possible, after receiving your reply.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos