Menu
Peter80
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Smart card

I have just received my new TV box; but how do i get a smart card?

0 Kudos
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Smart card

If it's a tivo it might not need the card

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)
0 Kudos
coatham
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Andrew-H is right. TiVo's are now authorised via the network and no longer require a smart card.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes the TiVo no longer use Smart cards. I still have them in mine but thay don't do anything anymore as I can remove them if I wanted. Just can't be bother to reach round the back to remove them.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Peter80, 

Thank you for your post, I'd also like to thank the community for replying, as they are correct, our TiVo® boxes no longer use SmartCards. 

However, should you be talking about one of our Non TiVo® boxes, then if you've received a new box as a replacement for an older box, then you'd use the card that was in the old box, as this would now be married up to the new box. 

If however, the new box is an additional box, then the SmartCard should be in the packaging. If its not then I'd have to ask you to give us a call on 150 or 0345 454 1111 so we can look into this further for you. 

Apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos