Menu
ryanvee93
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Smart Card is Invalid REF 3014

Had my v box turned off for a while as I was away on holiday for 2 weeks came back and the error message has occurred and I can't watch anything.

hopefully someone can help
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Smart Card is Invalid REF 3014

Ring it in at some point between 08:00 and midnight and it can be fixed immediately.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi ryanvee93

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue with your V Box smartcard.  This sort of issue is generated when the set top box has been off at the mains for an extended period of time as, if it is not in standby, it doesn't always get the updates needed to run.  It's usually easily rectified with a signal we sent to reactivate the system.

If you have already rung in as suggested then fantastic.  If not I'd be happy to look into helping you. I'm sending you a private message which you can find next to your name on the forum in the red envelope for further details.  

Alternatively, you can call in on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or Virgin Mobile, or ring 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.  Our colleagues in faults would be happy to help you.

There are also some checks you can run as a customer that may also help in the future should you have any other issues.  You can find these here

Thanks again

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Zebb
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Me too, every time I want to watch Film4+1. Calling only wastes ten minutes going through all the options then it tells you to call back later.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Zebb wrote:

Me too, every time I want to watch Film4+1. Calling only wastes ten minutes going through all the options then it tells you to call back later.

I'm guessing you only watch Film4+1 on a box you turn on once in a blue moon?

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Zebb
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes I know why it does it but it's annoying. I called and the 'smartcard' aka 'dumbcard' was reset, the invalid message has gone but no TV guide info as yet, it's been an hour now.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Zeb, 

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with your Smart Card showing as invalid. 

Can you let me know if your TV guide is still showing no info?

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Zebb
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw_B, yes the guide info came back about three hours later. Since then I've had an email from VM and I've put my feedback in the reply.

Surely VM can put something in the smartcard data or account settings for users that don't use the TiVo from month to month?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Zebb wrote:
Surely VM can put something in the smartcard data or account settings for users that don't use the TiVo from month to month?

Practically, possibly. Will they from a lost/stolen equipment perspective, very unlikely.

The boxes need to be on overnight at least once a week or they drop off the network, and you have to ring in every time.

0 Kudos
flobugajo
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I am unable to go to V+. And it says that my card is invalid with reference number 3014. Can you also look into my account and send a signal to my second box to re activate it? It would be much appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos