Menu
Lally1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed Menu Boot Up

Though I have recently noticed an improvement in both sound and vision with my TV Service, it appears to be at the expense of the Menu load up times.  This is apparent after switch on, and then as I try to search through the sub menu's of the programme guides.  Past performance was much faster.  Can you offer an explanation why I am experiencing slower speeds during this operation, which were not so noticeable in the past. ?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Lally1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow speed Menu Boot Up

Many thanks for your suggestions.  I will replace the batteries in the remote to see if this improves response times.  In the meantime until I obtain new batteries, Ill try using the buttons on the set top box, I'm rather busy now with Computer work, but I'll try your suggestion later, and get back to you with the results.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lally1,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're TiVo® has become slow when navigating the menus.  I'll be happy to help check this out with you.

I have contacted the box remotely and I can' see any signal or power levels issues, nor is there any network issues present that would cause this.  

Can you please let me know if this is something that happens at specific times of the day or will it happen at any time?

If you can let me know, I can check further.  Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Lally1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there at Virgin Media

Referring to my earlier point on "Slow Speed Menu Load Up"  I have to say I rarely have the TV on before 6pm in the evening, so any problems arise at some point after this time.  As a matter of interest I do appear to have rather a lot of recorded programmes down loaded onto the set top hard drive.  Much like normal computers could an overloaded hard drive on the set top box, result in slower speeds when moving between programmes.  ?   Or is this unlikely. ? If I deleted some of the stored programmes would this improve performance. ?  I repeat this problem has emerged only in the last few weeks, and "Load Up" was much faster in the past.  On another point could poor battery performance in the remote affect performance, or in this case does the remote either work, or not work, however weak the batteries might be. ?  I look forward to any ideas from you on how this problem might be resolved.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lally1,

Thank you for getting back to me Smiley Happy

The amount of recorded programmes shouldn't have any bearing on the speediness of the menu system.  If you deleted some or all of your programmes it wouldn't make any difference to the performance.

If the batteries are running low this can cause a slow response.  If this is the case new batteries would cure the issue.  Another way to check this is if you don't have any spare batteries to hand yet, is to use the buttons on the front of the box to navigate the menu and see if the response is better or no different. 

Give it a go in changing the batteries and let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Lally1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Many thanks for your suggestions.  I will replace the batteries in the remote to see if this improves response times.  In the meantime until I obtain new batteries, Ill try using the buttons on the set top box, I'm rather busy now with Computer work, but I'll try your suggestion later, and get back to you with the results.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lally1,

I just wanted to pop by and see how things are this side of the week end Smiley Happy

I hope you've been able to check the batteries out ok.  If you are still have any issues, let me know and I can help further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

0 Kudos