Menu
buzzrodwell
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow internet speed - Solved!

Hello. Just in case this is of interest/help for anyone.

I reported the fact that though we were paying for Vivid152 we were not getting speeds in excess of around 45Mbps. An engineer called and tested the router out (it was the one before the latest) and decided it was the problem, so he installed a new router (which apparently transmits/receives 360 degrees, unlike the previous one which was one-directional) and around twenty minutes later we were strapping ourselves in for speeds well over 100Mbps. In fact I've run some more tests today and got from 140Mbps to a somewhat dubious 180Mbps download.

Either way we are now supersonic-ish. So to be recommended.

And can I mention the excellent Trevor who fixed it all.

But I have to ask -why have we been paying for a long time (year or more?) for speeds up to 152Mbps when all we could actually ever get were up to around 45Mbps? A lot of money for not a great deal.

Happy now though!!

Buzz

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow internet speed - Solved!

Hi Buzz, 

Thanks for your posts and we're super glad to hear your broadband is working as it should be now. 

Whenever a fault is reported to us, we will check what we can this end to ensure it's not a network issue and if not, we will arrange for someone to come out to us. 

Without you reporting the issue to us, we'd never know so therefore we wouldn't be able to fix them either. 

Going forward, if you notice any issue at all, give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 so we can investigate things. You can also report faults here and we can take a look. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
buzzrodwell
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow internet speed - Solved!

Will do. Thanks.

0 Kudos