Menu
FJR1300
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Slow box

I hope someone can help my set box is very slow in finding channels slow in waking up slow in just about everything it does according to my local VM shop its faulty and needs looking at how do I book a engineer   to look at it I cant find anything on my account to book one

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow box

Hello FJR1300,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're experiencing slow performance with your TiVo® box.

I have been able to locate your account and it shows your TiVo® has been online for 15 days, would you be able to perform a mains reset for me please and let me know if you're still experiencing the same issue?

Look forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
FJR1300
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the information, It helped a little but it is still slow not as expected from Virgin media, in fact  I was getting better from Sky. the box installed is faulty according to virgin staff in my local centre, just to many things wrong to mention , can I have someone come out to look at it if not I look forward to the end of my contract and I go to a company that can deliver what they promise uninterrupted TV viewing and a great internet connection Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi FJR1300

Thanks for getting back to us, I've been able to locate your account and run some additional tests on this from our end for you.

We're not detecting any immediate issues, can I ask you try the following to refresh some of the background data on your set top box:

Go to the Home screen and on the remote control press Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play. If the code is accepted, you'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank for a few seconds.

If the box is still the same after that, let me know and I'll look to escalate this from our end for you.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
FJR1300
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Craig

I'm hate to bother you again but I'm sorry to say this box that was replaced has started to play up, we are having the same trouble as last time we communicated buffeting problems slow uploading loss of service while it is trying to start a recording, getting a little let down now by the equipment quality,could you please sort this out again please   

0 Kudos
FJR1300
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I hate to bother you again but I'm sorry to say this box that was replaced has started to play up, we are having the same trouble as last time we communicated buffeting problems slow uploading loss of service while it is trying to start a recording, getting a little let down now by the equipment quality,could you please sort this out again please  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello FJR1300,

Craig_D is away at the moment so I hope you don't mind me stepping in and you're not bothering us at all we're glad you have posted on the community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear this has happened again though so I think it would be best to arrange another visit for you to find out why it's still happening. If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see another message waiting for you with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos