Menu
kkamzin
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow Tivo

Has anyone here had any help in getting there Tivo box working at a reasonable speed.

I think my next move is to sky, i am so fed up with a box that belongs in the 1970`s.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow Tivo

They were slow anyway but the last big update made them even slower. Supposedly there's going to be a software update once the V6 is bedded in. You can clear the cache on the TiVo and it'll speed it up for a few days but it's just poor, especially if you're used to a Sky box.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos

All Replies
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

They were slow anyway but the last big update made them even slower. Supposedly there's going to be a software update once the V6 is bedded in. You can clear the cache on the TiVo and it'll speed it up for a few days but it's just poor, especially if you're used to a Sky box.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
kkamzin
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why oh Why do us Virgin customers keep putting up with the excuses.

I have freesat on another tv and all though i dont get as many ch. the system is very

fast and i do not have to wait ages for things to load plus IT`S FREE.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi kkamzin, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us. 

We have released a new update to the software which has improved things considerably so I'm sorry to hear you are still having an issue with this. 

Checking the account there is a fault in your area currently that is affecting your TiVo®. 

The reference for this fault is: F003659945

The next review date is: 25 JAN 2017

I know this isn't the best news however we're hopeful that your issue will be resolved once this fault closes Smiley Happy

If you have any other queries, pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos