Menu
lctih01
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow Tivo

This fault has been on the go for more than a year, it has now got worse.( Until I saw some of the complains on this forum and Virgin saying they are aware) I had been dealing with Virgin helpdesk who are not aware of this problem and because I had called on three occasions an engineer was sent out. He said his TiVo is sometimes slow due to the amount of information passing through it but he changed my set anyway. Now I am finding it  slower than ever. Virgin need to sort this problem out it is very frustrating having to reset the box to improve the speed. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Tivo

Hi lctih01,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear your TiVo® is running slow.

The first thing to try is giving it a reboot to see if this helps. Also, go through your recorded content and remove anything that you no longer want on there. Has this made any difference?

Finally, try this key sequence: Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank. When the screen comes back on you should notice the TiVo® speed up!

The TiVo® stores data that it uses fairly often in the cache so it can be called upon quickly. This sequence clears the cache and by doing this you remove all the background data freeing up some of the TiVo®'s memory.

I've checked your box and all input levels and power levels are fine so these are affecting you.

Give the actions above a try and come back and let us know how things go as we're here to help Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
lctih01
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Over the last year or so I have rebooted to try and get a better response. I have just tried your suggestion :  Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play. It certainly improved it for about 24 hours then same problem. What annoys me is, the so called help desk has no idea and is unaware  of this ongoing problem and so are the engineers who call. Their solution is always to change the box. When are Virgin going to fix the problem permanently ? This is very frustrating.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi lctih01,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message.

We're sorry to read that there's still slowness on the TiVo side, this is something that is looked into and aim to resolve as soon as possible.

Our guys behind the scene are working as fast as they can to bring this back to a normal service, in the meantime, the above message should be able to help alleviate some slowness.

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos