Menu
Shadders
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow Tivo box random reboots

I Joined Virgin 3 months ago after leaving Sky, what a mistake I have made, since day one the Tivo box has been so slow and reboots itself randomly sometime 3 to 4 times a day, each time it takes an age to reboot, I put this down to being a new installation and thought it would settle down after a while, but no. it is so annoying when in the middle of a program that we end up missing 5 minutes of, now another problem has appeared, we will be watching something, screen goes blank and after a minute or two youtube app decides its going to load itself and there is nothing we can do to cancel it until it has fully loads, on top of all this is the lack of on demand HD programs, a problem I have since found out has been ongoing for months, with a fix by date that just keeps getting pushed back again and again. this problem was not disclosed to me when I enquired about switching to Virgin, if it had been I would have had second thoughts, as it stands the TV service provided is not what I signed up for but I am still paying full price for a substandard service, I am seriously thinking of canceling and reurning to Sky, at least you get what you pay for from them. as for canceling while in contract I think that is void as I was sold a service that was known to be broken without being informed of the facts, will have to contact trading standards and see where I stand

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Tivo box random reboots

Hi Shadders,

Welcome into the Community, it's great to see a new face Smiley Happy

Whenever the TiVo is being slow, clearing the cache can help alleviate some issues:-

• To clear the cache on the TiVo® just go to the Home screen and press Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank for a few seconds. After 30 seconds the screen came back on Smiley Happy

Also, there is some downstream power levels issues on the TiVo and would need an engineer. If you can have a little look inside your Inbox, you'll see I've sent you a Private Message. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope.

Keep in touch and thank you.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Tivo box random reboots

nothing happens when i went to home page tried 3 down then up play play but nothing happened i went on home but got nothing i thought i try nothing jonni
0 Kudos