Menu
HavencroftKev
Up to speed
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Slow TiVo box keeps resetting itself!!

So for the past few weeks my TiVo box has been turning off and resetting itself.

This normally happens when I go to guide or try and load an app, however for the past week it will do it when nobody is touching the remote.

The box is also running slower than slow.

I called VM today and their solution was to send me another TiVo box, this will be my third TiVo box in 9 months, and yet again I will be losing all my recorded programmes.

When will Virgin realise that the TiVo box is not fit for purpose.

Does anyone know why my box would be resetting itself?

kind regards

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow TiVo box keeps resetting itself!!

If you're on your 3rd box in 9 months, and each time you've been sent a new power supply as well as a TiVo, then there's something else wrong with your installation.

Most likely signal issues.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Up to speed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's unfortunately been a bit of a joke.

The first box was replaced due to the speed it was running at, engineer came saw the speed of the box and said it is running far to slow and replaced it.

The second box was replaced because I was having sound drop outs and pixilation, engineer came and said it was a problem with one of the tuners and replaced the box

Now my box is resetting itself every other day, it just turns off and goes thought all of its reset procedures. It actually takes longer than the average reset.

I just don't think the TiVo box is suitable, it clearly can't cope with the new software. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

At any point have they replaced the power supply or looked at the signal levels?

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Up to speed
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They have defiantly checked the signal levels and believe they were within the acceptable levels.

As to the power cable, I honestly don't recall if the power cable was replaced or the new box was plugged into the old cable.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If the PSU hasn't been swapped, that could be your common fault.

0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Up to speed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok, I'm might be sounding really stupid here but how could it be the power supply?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Faulty PSU not outputting the correct voltage, current, or both.

Other than signal issues or your equipment, it's the only thing I can think of which is potentially common to all of the boxes.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello HavencroftKev,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to learn about the issues you've been experiencing with your TiVo® box.

I would just like to check if everything's back up and running but I'll need to gain access to your account so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message waiting for you requesting further details.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos