Menu
AdrianWhyte
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow Response

My TiVo has been experiencing a slow response to searches and changing channels etc.  I am currently doing a Network Connection test it has completed the 1st 4 items and placed a tick but the last item (don't know what it is  says "Loading Info (loading 10%) " but has been running the last item of at least 10 minutes now. 

I have recently completely switched the TiVo off for a few minutes and then restarted it but this made no difference.  

Why is my TiVo slow and should the test take this long.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Response

Hi AdrianWhyte

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems with your TiVo box at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end for you, we're noticing some slight input level issues and I'd like to request that a member of the team takes a closer look.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page. Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we’re looking forward to getting this resolved.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

AdrianWhyte
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Craig, Ben,

I recently had an engineer visit who told me the slow response was a known problem to VM "Open outage slow action in site 20 - Ticket NKE8064" and he shouldnt have been called for this.  All tv service levels ok, and Broadband was out of spec but was fixed.

My tivo is getting slower by the day (sometimes as much as 3mins to respond to a command from watching tv to "My Shows" or "Guide") so much so we are contemplating moving our TV service to Sky.

I keep resetting the box using the Home Thumbs Down Thumbs Up Play Play and the other reset option under settings to get a noticable improvement to find this lasts about a week or so before becoming unusably slow again. 

If this was a PC I would have thrown it out by now.

When is VM going to fix this known issue (Ticket NKE8064) which is presumably affecting the complete area 20 (Warrington, Cheshire).

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi AdrianWhyte Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming back and posting your message, I'm sorry that the engineer wasn't able to help as much as we'd have liked. It looks like that ticket reference has now closed but has been raised up on the ticket reference below:-

NKE00007952

The issue you are experiencing is something that has been identified and is currently being worked on.

I did however notice that there is an issue on the broadband side and would need an engineer to adjust the upstream power levels in the Hub. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos