Menu
Wisellama
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sky1 missing from available channels

Since I got a new Tivo box before Christmas I've not had Sky1 available to me. I am on the M package of channels, and I can't find an online channel listing to confirm if the reason I can't get it is because it's no longer offered in that bundle. Can anyone confirm? (The bundles seem to have been renamed, but I'm still on the old package...)

For what it's worth, running the Missing Channels option in the Tivo help menu hasn't remedied the issue, and when I telephoned support they couldn't find a fault on the system or in the signals I'm receiving, but did say the channel should still be available.

Any ideas to resolve the issue, without a lengthy call to the support team, would be appreciated!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sky1 missing from available channels

Sky 1 has never been available in TV M (which is now called Player TV). You needed either at least More or M+ TV to get Sky 1, both of these TV packs have now been retired

To get Sky 1 now, you need Mix TV or above.

You can see what channels are in which pack via the channel guide that's available at www.virginmedia.com/help/channelguide
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sky 1 has never been available in TV M (which is now called Player TV). You needed either at least More or M+ TV to get Sky 1, both of these TV packs have now been retired

To get Sky 1 now, you need Mix TV or above.

You can see what channels are in which pack via the channel guide that's available at www.virginmedia.com/help/channelguide
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Wisellama
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for being more helpful than any of your colleagues that we've spoken to on the support line. Why haven't they been able to give us this information, this concisely? Instead, when we've raised the issue, an engineer has been scheduled to come and investigate, which would clearly be a waste of everyone's time and effort. Having support staff being more informed and providing customers with the necessary information rather than giving incorrect advice (we were assured we should still have Sky1 available to us) would make a huge difference.