Menu
woody4ali
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports for £3.50

Has anybody else had a call from virgin offering sky sports for £3.50 a month for 3 months then £7 a month. Then to be charged £19. Customer services as good as called us liars saying it wouldn't be offered for that price. Not happy.
0 Kudos
elaine1955
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports for £3.50

Wish it was a genuine offer :-)
0 Kudos
elaine1955
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I want it :-)
0 Kudos
mphippen
Dialled in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure that wasn't the price *per week"? I recently had a similar call regarding Sky Movies where the price per month was quoted as the currently price, then per week for the discounted price. Made it sound a lot cheaper when you first hear it. I stopped them and repeated it back to make sure I had heard correctly - then had a moan about the sneaky sales practices...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi woody4ali

Thanks for taking the time to post your concerns about the offer you were advised of regarding Sky Sports and welcome to the forum.

I am aware of the offer of £19.00 for three months but we have not had any deals where you can get this for £3.50.

I have checked and can see that this has been flagged back to be investigated with the agent this was offered by as this is not a valid deal.  I think this may have been a case where someone has broken the cost down in the manner suggested by the last post here and miscommunicated this offer to you for which I apologise.

Please be aware this is being looked into for you and if you'd like an update on this to call the team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 for them to keep you informed on this.

If there is anything else I can help with then please let me know.

Kind regards 

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
jay11
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Think yourself lucky. I'm paying nearly £37 per month for Sky Sports, after a 25% increase in May 2015
0 Kudos
skunkmunroe
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm an existing VM customer (although do not currently have Sky Sports) - is the £19 for 3 month offer open to me Karen?  If so, how do I go about getting it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Dialled in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey SM

I recently got the  whole SkySports package for £19 a month for a year !!

ends next June, and done this through the webchat no problem at all, definitely not for 3 months only

This does not include HD though which is £7 extra a month, SS news in HD 

Cheers

Rachel

0 Kudos
dpjohnston
Dialled in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have just asked one of the online chat team and apparently there was a £19 a month deal available for existing customers but it expired on 31st July. I would have been interested in signing up for this if I had known that it was available. Did anyone see it advertised on the website or in anything that was sent to them? Last correspondence I had from Virgin was telling me my monthly bill was going up.

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Dialled in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mate

No i did"nt know about the offer , i started a web chat with them about ordering a new remote and then we talked about offers and this came up , 

i never received any info about this i expect they like it this way as less people know about it and when you do they, look great because they have found you a bargain...

cynical moi ?

Mind you with the BT sports debacle maybe a good time to bring it back

Cheers

Rachel

0 Kudos