Menu
pfh1959
Superfast
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports UHD

Just seen a advert on tv for the sky sports premiership football that every game is in Ultra High Def on Sky Q does that mean Virgin Media will get some ?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports UHD

Virgin Media haven't announced what their 4K content plans are yet.

Once they confirm the launch of their 4K compatible box then I'm sure we'll get more detail on what 4K content will be available.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
pfh1959
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky are showing 2 adverts the one where David Beckham is running there saying 126 live premiership games but the Ultra HD games only 124 I wonder why they not the same number ?
0 Kudos
amonline
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Given that Virgin mobile is still on 3G and UK networks have had 4G since 2012, and UHD tv channels only started launching within the last year (BT Sport UHD) and just now launching more widely on Sky then I wouldn't hold your breath for UHD on Virgin any time soon! 

Given that they'll be bleeding customers over to Sky Q if they don't have a competing UHD tv box solution - particularly with the autumn season of returning Sport and new shows - there is no good reason for them to not announce if they genuinely have a replacement box coming any time soon, so the lack of any announcement speaks volumes...

0 Kudos
stevie82
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have to bump this up again.  My old television started to show a vertical black line last month so I've upgraded to hopefully a fairly future proof 4K UHD tele.

A mate is just getting setup with his Sky Q 4k box and PS4 pro comes out next month as well, so I would've thought Virginmedia would be quicker in keeping up with the competition than next year, can see them losing a lot of customers between now and then.

Can we have an update on Virginmedia's plan to provide 4K content, sports, films and otherwise.  Assume I'll need new boxes, when are these going to become available.  What's the plan for charges?  Will it be an extra package, costs?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you signed up on this page?

If not I would do so if you want to be one of the first people to get a V6 box.

https://keepup.virginmedia.com/befirst

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos