Menu
hintofmint
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky movies hd on demand - Still unresolved

Sky movies on demand in hd now has an extremely limited amount of movies compared to the sd content. It was always the same amount in both sd and hd. Its now been happening for 5 months. Virgin said there were upgrades going on but havent heard anything since. When is this going to be fixed?
0 Kudos
hintofmint
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky movies hd on demand - Still unresolved

Still no answer? It has now been 5 months and still no resolution. Thinking of leaving the service. This and the optical port issue which has been happening for over a year and a half also unresolved.
0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F replied to me in a thread after bugging them so long about this.

The answer she came back with is the policy right now is when a new film becomes available on Sky Movies the HD version will remain there for 30 days.
After that time only the SD version will remain.
I then asked how much longer it was going to be like this and her reply was they had replicated the issue in their office and it has been raised as a fault.

I have just this minute asked for a report on this fault but I will not hold my breath.

She did nicely point out I could record any of the HD showings for myself but I think she was kind of missing the point with On Demand.......
0 Kudos
hintofmint
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the information. Hopefully its fixed soon. A lot of the movies are no longer shown on live tv or not going to be shown for months so on demand is the only option most of the time. Seems strange that a fault has such a specific 30 day allowance for movies in hd. Dont want to move back to sky but might have too if this takes another month to fix.
0 Kudos