Menu
gozirud
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports upgrade deal

Hi all,

I took up the new offer to get a discounted deal on Sky Sports for the next nine months and nearly a week on it still hasn't been switched on. The web confirmation said 2-5 days.

When should I expect it to go live?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports upgrade deal

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the 9 month Sky Sports deal linked to the Premiership football season, which does not start until this Saturday.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What discounted deal?  Can I have it?

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Give them a toot on the phone .... I did and had sports & Movies supplied at a price I am happy with
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

fatblokefletch wrote:
Give them a toot on the phone .... I did and had sports & Movies supplied at a price I am happy with

How happy was the price?   I have a few Now TV sports and movies vouchers to use, but if the price was happy enough I could ditch them.

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Everyone has different rates applied, but I have the Big Kahuna with Sports & Movies as an add on, plus I have Vivid 200 BB, and pay £86 a month

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

fatblokefletch wrote:

Everyone has different rates applied, but I have the Big Kahuna with Sports & Movies as an add on, plus I have Vivid 200 BB, and pay £86 a month

I'd want something happier than that!   I have XL TV + sports + movies + 200MB + XXL phone for £58.50 (excluding line rental) at the moment, with extra V HD box.  However it all runs out in a month so going back to basics.  Did read on another thread someone was offered £10/month sports for 9 months, but not sure if they actually got it.  I'd be happy with that.

0 Kudos
gozirud
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Last October I was offer Sky Sports for £9p/m for 9 months but didn't take it. Latest deal is £22 for 9 months instead of £37.
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

gozirud wrote:
Last October I was offer Sky Sports for £9p/m for 9 months but didn't take it. Latest deal is £22 for 9 months instead of £37.

Will use up my Now TV sports passes and give Virgin a call.  I got a load last December after eating umpteen tubes of Pringles and then Virgin made me an offer I couldn't refuse so they never got used.  Got others since with Now TV boxes and because of an offer from Now on the US Gold Open. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi gozirud,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry your Sky Sports hasn't been added yet.

I've located your account but I can't see an order on there for Sky Sports. I would recommend giving our team a call on 150 from your Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111. They'll be able to check and verify the deal you've been sent.

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos