Menu
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports scoreboard flicker

I've noticed that since the season started on Friday the top left scoreboard has a flicker on the white border.

It never used to have this and I've just double checked some records of games from last season.

Has anyone else noticed this? It's on Sky Sports 1 HD.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports scoreboard flicker

Hi Fletch33

Sorry to hear about this issue, I've not noticed this issue myself although I'll pay extra attention the next game I see.

It seems not many in the Community have noticed anything either, are you noticing this with any other channels? Was it for one game or a few?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It's been for every championship game on Sky Sports 1 HD.

Intriguingly it did not have the problem for the lunch time Premier League game today but does have the issue again now for the evening championship game.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey fletch33

I'll keep an eye on the Championship games moving forward and let you know if I find anything.

Thanks for taking the time to let me know too

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Same again this weekend. No problem with either the Friday night or Saturday lunchtime Premier League games but the evening Championship game has a flicker, particularly over the crowd on a panning camera shot.
0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Flickering continued on EFL Cup coverage.

0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Flicker continued yesterday
0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Assume with the lack of response Virginmedia do not know what's causing the problem, much like when we had the blinking on the Sky Sports F1 HD channel?

Do I just hope it will magically resolve itself?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey Fletch33

Thanks for getting back to me, I've been keeping my eye on this and had recorded some content recently but none of it has the flickering on the top left.

Do you have more than one set top box at home? If so, are you experiencing this on more than one? We're not getting reports if this coming in from anywhere else so it's certainly a strange one.

Craig

0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Craig_D wrote:

Hey Fletch33

Thanks for getting back to me, I've been keeping my eye on this and had recorded some content recently but none of it has the flickering on the top left.

Do you have more than one set top box at home? If so, are you experiencing this on more than one? We're not getting reports if this coming in from anywhere else so it's certainly a strange one.

Craig

Just the one TiVo box I'm afraid, if it's of any help my TV is a Panasonic TX-P42G20.

The issue has only ever been on Football League coverage, not Premier League coverage. It will be interesting to see if it appears on the World Cup qualifier's coverage.

There are some Football League games on this weekend so it would be great to see if anyone else has the issue? The flicker appears on the top line of the scoreboard in the top left of the screen.

0 Kudos