Menu
uncleslinky
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports - "game of the day/match choice"

Hi

As VirginMedia customers with full access to Sky Sports package, do we recieve the 'red button' option for Sky Sports 'Game Of The Day'? The red button appears on screen and when I press it on the remote the Sky interactive service loads however there is a message stating 'there are currently no interactive events' which I know is wrong.

So, as VM customers do we not get this option even though we have all Sky channels available on our package. Frustrating!!

I have a Tivo box is that makes a difference?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports - "game of the day/match choice"

The advice is always to try a reboot if the service doesnt work as it should. What is available on additional streams at any one time is up to the broadcaster. VM used to publish a monthly list of Sky Sports RB events available on VM, but I havent seen one for ages now.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
uncleslinky
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I tried the reboot but unfortunately it didn't make a difference.

Being as I pay for the full Sky Sports package you'd have thought the most popular interactive program which is the Saturday night match choice would be available. I've seen other posts stating that this program IS normally available so not sure why I couldn't access it last night.

I honestly can't wait until my contract expires Virgin, from day 1 it's been problem after problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi uncleslinky,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forum. Apologies that you have had a problem with accessing the Red Button services on Sky Sports.

I've checked on this for you and there's been no reports of a fault with the red button interactive service via TiVo®  on Sky Sports yesterday. It is possible that the interactive event was only available to Sky customers, but usually when this happens, the red button will not appear on the TiVo® Sky Sports channel.

Please let me know if this continues to happen.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos