Menu
MiaG
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports & Movies Increase 1st June 2016

Can anybody let me know what there experiences are speaking with the retentions team regarding the Sky Sports & Movies increase from 1st June 2016. On the letter it tells you to go to virginmedia.com/experience where at the bottom of the website it states you have a right to cancel without a termination fee. However upon speaking to the retentions team they say it only applies if your on the big kahuna package?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports & Movies Increase 1st June 2016

You can only cancel Sky Sports and Movies because of the increase unless you are on that particular bundle - the only one with those channels required.
0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I know it's a Sky increase and it has to be passed on.....totally understand that.
The issue I am going to call them about is it has been 5 months or more now since the vastly reduced HD On Demand offering of movies.
If we are paying the same I expect the same service not some excuse of they are testing something and that the SD versions are available!
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Looking at the small print, doesn't look like I will be affected until September...

If you're currently on an offer

Although our costs for Sky Sports and Sky Movies are going up from 1st June 2016, if you’re currently on a short-term offer, you’ll still get the benefit of it until your offer ends.

... at which point I will be cancelling.  Not sure how Sky Sports justify the increase as there is no Champions League football anymore.  Pay more, get less. Will just get the odd 24 hour Now TV Sports pass at the weekend going forward. If only I could do likewise with BT Sport.

0 Kudos