Menu
Danielwearn
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports Season Ticket

Good Evening

Just wondering if anyone has any details on the sky sports season ticket,

If so how much does it cost and where do it get it from?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports Season Ticket

Hi Danielwearn,

Welcome to the community and thanks for enquiring about the Sky Sports pass.

Currently we have no plans for the same option this year; however you can always check into your My Virgin Media page here and click on the 'My Upgrades And Offers' tab. If there are any deals available to you then this is where you'll find them. You can also check out the latest news here.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
rps1013
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Rich,

Is your reply to the Sky Sports season ticket query actually the position or is it in negotiation?

The recent and pretty poorly handled BT Sport Europe will it, won't it debacle is evidence that not all information is released in a timely manner in this communications company!
The update on the Forum surrounding the addition to TV XL makes no mention of the £3 increase for TV XL customers but its posted on other websites!

Ta.
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Rich_B wrote:

.. you can always check into your My Virgin Media page here and click on the 'My Upgrades And Offers' tab. If there are any deals available to you then this is where you'll find them.

I tried that and got ....   Changing your package online

We're sorry, but we're unable to change your package online. We'll be happy to do it for you over the phone, and it'll only take a few minutes. Please call us on 0345 454 1111 to speak to someone who can help.

What I would like to know is is there any difference between adding Sky Sports to M TV or More/M+ TV nowadays?  I saw that it costs £29.25 to add to big easy and big bang, so was wondering if this would be the case if I added it to M TV.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi rps1013

Thanks for your query regarding the Sky Sports season ticket.

At this moment in time we have no plans to re-offer this option to our customers.   The reason we refer customer to the 'My upgrades and offers' section of the site is so that any new options available to you as a customer wold be advertised there for you.

I appreciate you wanting to clarify what is available and hope that you will always come back to us with any questions you may have regarding this or any other queries.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Thanks 

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi arrgee1991

Thanks for your post regarding the Sky Sports pricing if you subscribe to the M sized TV package with Virgin Media.

The monthly cost for the Sky Sports collection if you have M TV would be £34.75.  This includes Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2, Sky Sports 3, Sky Sports 4, Sky Sports 5 and Sky Sports F1®

If you subscribe to More TV , M+ TV or above the monthly cost to add the Sky Sports Collection is £29.95.

I hope that helps clarify things for you.  Please let me know if you're still getting the message on the My Virgin Media service when you try to look at upgrading online and I can log that for you with our IT team.

If there's anything else I can help with , then please let me know Smiley Happy

Thanks again

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Karen_A wrote:

Hi arrgee1991

The monthly cost for the Sky Sports collection if you have M TV would be £34.75.  This includes Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2, Sky Sports 3, Sky Sports 4, Sky Sports 5 and Sky Sports F1®

If you subscribe to More TV , M+ TV or above the monthly cost to add the Sky Sports Collection is £29.95.

I hope that helps clarify things for you.  Please let me know if you're still getting the message on the My Virgin Media service when you try to look at upgrading online and I can log that for you with our IT team.

Karen

Thanks - no longer getting the message on my upgrades and offers, but it's not very clear....

Upgrade to More TV
£2.50 off for 6 months when you upgrade to More TV
You'll pay from an extra £13.00 per month, depending on your current package
12 month contract

I thought it was just £5/month more, so where does £13/month come from?  Do I have to have it for 12 months?

Sky Sports Collection
From £31.25 a month

which is somewhere in between the £34.75 and £29.95 stated.

Even when I go through to the order, I get 

We'll email you in the next 48 hours to let you know the exact cost of your order (even if it's free or there’s no change to your monthly bill). Don't worry, if there is a change to your bill, you'll get the very best price we can give you based on the mix of services in your package. And remember, if you change your mind about upgrading, you can cancel your new services within 7 days.

There is no price stated, so if I make the order, should I just make it, wait for 48 hours and then decide?  Essentially what I want is to have M TV with no sky sports or More TV with sky sports and switch between them at will.  Is this possible?  And what is the cost?

Also how long before the services are activated if I request them online?

0 Kudos
rps1013
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Karen_A wrote:

Hi rps1013

Thanks for your query regarding the Sky Sports season ticket.

At this moment in time we have no plans to re-offer this option to our customers.   The reason we refer customer to the 'My upgrades and offers' section of the site is so that any new options available to you as a customer wold be advertised there for you.

I appreciate you wanting to clarify what is available and hope that you will always come back to us with any questions you may have regarding this or any other queries.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Thanks 

Karen

Thanks Karen.

Sadly there is nothing in the offers and upgrades section of my account other than trying to get me to add talk unlimited to a phone line I don't use.

With this in mind and my contract ending in 2 weeks it looks like the 50% off offer from Sky for sports and movies onto their full package is my way forward.

VM will have to match my current offer from them to convince me to stay.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

rps1013 wrote:

With this in mind and my contract ending in 2 weeks it looks like the 50% off offer from Sky for sports and movies onto their full package is my way forward.

How do you get that offer?

0 Kudos
rps1013
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Have a look online and on this forum of other users experiences.

0 Kudos