Menu
Jrodgers97
Joining in
Message 1 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports Relaunch

Hi guys,

Just a quick question. With the announcement of the relaunch of Sky Sports this morning with new dedicated channels, will Virgin Media customers who have the existing Sky Sports package still have access to all of the channels? I presume so, but would just like to double check! 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
LindaAMS
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports Relaunch

Yes I would like some information on this too. What happens to existing Sky Sports subscribers on Virgin Media and how will all this effect us?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 3 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Hi both

All the news about the Sky Sports Channel Changes are up here: Sky Sports Changes

Virgin Media will continue to offer all of the Sky Sports channels in one combined package, and when taken with our Full House pack we are the only provider where you can get all of the sport on BT Sport and Sky Sports in one package.

Thanks

James

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

graybag
Joining in
Message 4 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Does that mean Virgin customers wont have the option to just sign up to one of the new SS channels?

Thanks

Graham

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Are we therefore we therefore going to get the cheaper prices just like sky are offering their customers?

0 Kudos
lukesilence
Joining in
Message 6 of 51
Flag for a moderator

I was wondering the same thing. I only really want the Premier League channel.

0 Kudos
LindaAMS
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Does this mean we have to keep the full pack and If so are our prices frozen for twelve months like those for sky customers? That link really does not explain anything in detail it is all a bit opaque.

0 Kudos
LindaAMS
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 51
Flag for a moderator

There is no mention of if it will affect pricings etc which if there is I am sure we would all like to know. The is also no mention on it as to if it will only be offered as a full package with all the channels going forward or if there will also be an options to pick channels as sky customers will. Please do feel free to actually clarify these points and update your news article to make it clearer for your customers so we all fully understand how this will actually work in practice for us.

Nialli
Dialled in
Message 9 of 51
Flag for a moderator

That is very bad news, and you're likely to lose me (and others) as I only want to pay for the sports I'm interested in. Please can you feed this back to whoever made this decision.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 10 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Nialli wrote:
That is very bad news, and you're likely to lose me (and others) as I only want to pay for the sports I'm interested in. Please can you feed this back to whoever made this decision.

Who made what decision?  Sky have just announced the changes today and the new packages are not available to their own customers until next week. Sky, as they own the channels, will decide what is available to VM. What is the panic at this point?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!