Menu
ngowerjo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports Minimum Contract Period?

I'm on a standard TV Package but would like to upgrade to Sky Sports to watch the Ashes. Do I have to sign up for a 12 month contract or can I downgrade again after, say, a couple of months? 

0 Kudos
nathanl3600
Up to speed
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports Minimum Contract Period?

There is no set min contract for sky sports and if you call them they have some offers out at the moment as well can add and remove as you please
Nathan
Currently working for Customer Relations VM, my views are of my own and not Virgin Media's
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

30 days is the minimum subscription period. If you want to terminate you now have to give 30 days notice.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

If you want to terminate you now have to give 30 days notice.

Not true.  I recently called to cancel my Sky Sports Season ticket and was told to hang on until the day it expired.  So effectively zero days notice.  I currently have Premier Sport as I got it for Copa America and GAA with the intention of cancelling after 30 days before I go on vacation.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports season ticket is a special offer, so can be cancelled in this way. Standard premium channels cannot.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

Sky Sports season ticket is a special offer, so can be cancelled in this way. Standard premium channels cannot.

No, that is not the case.  There is nothing special about the Sky Sports season ticket.  As long as you have the channel(s) for 30 days you can cancel immediately.  Every time I subscribe to a new premium channel, I am told this.

Minimum Contract Period : 30 days

No notice required after 30 days

It has been confirmed elsewhere by Kath_F of the forum team

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV/Sky-sports-and-movies-30-day-notice/m-p/2787045#M120305

Kath_F wrote:

The new process is now in fact that you have to have the service for atleast 30 days before cancelling. 

When you call to cancel, the premium will then be removed right away 

You can downgrade by speaking to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I stand by the Current T & C's, which have also been reiterated in post 8 of the thread below by BenMcr, who is a VM employee & also the forums "expert user" on package rules etc. http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV/what-notice-is-required-to-cancel-Sky-Sports/m-p/2861861/high...

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:
I stand by the Current T & C's, which have also been reiterated in post 8 of the thread below by BenMcr, who is a VM employee & also the forums "expert user" on package rules etc. http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV/what-notice-is-required-to-cancel-Sky-Sports/m-p/2861861/high...

He replied to me towards the end of that thread....

BenMcr wrote:

However if Virgin Media currently choose to override this and do an immediate removal (after having it for a minimum of 30 days) then that's up to them.

The reality is there is no notice required.  If you call up customer services and cancel that's what happens.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

arrgee1991 wrote:

nodrogd wrote:

He replied to me towards the end of that thread....

BenMcr wrote:

However if Virgin Media currently choose to override this and do an immediate removal (after having it for a minimum of 30 days) then that's up to them.

The reality is there is no notice required.  If you call up customer services and cancel that's what happens.

Your experience was the same as mine but this should not have to be a matter of debate.

If there is any doubt about the cancellation period then Virgin should do something about this so that customers know exactly where they stand. There have been too many questions/discussions on something that should be very simple.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

Your experience was the same as mine but this should not have to be a matter of debate.

If there is any doubt about the cancellation period then Virgin should do something about this so that customers know exactly where they stand. There have been too many questions/discussions on something that should be very simple.

Expect that the T&Cs are correct i.e that a 30 days notice rule for removal applies. If Virgin Media waive this currently then you are benefitting from not having to pay this at present.

The 30 day rule will be enforced at some point, so it is best to start expecting it now.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos