Menu
sutclip
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports HD

I signed up for VM in December and have been receiving Sky Sports HD until last week when it suddenly stopped. Movies HD is ok as is Sky Sports non HD.

I spoke to support who say it is not on my account and we are now having a debate on what my contract includes. They say HD isn't included.

In my contract it says in the Virgin TV  box Big Kahuna Sports and Movies Bundle.

In the Promotional offers taken  it says Big Kahuna Sports and Movies Bundle Optional HD. 

Support are adamant that means I could have HD as an option, to me it means as well as the service HD is included.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did they resolve it.

Any suggestions  would be welcome

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports HD

BK Sports & Movies does not have HD as standard, it is an optional extra. It is also one charge whether you have just Movies, just Sports or both together. It only comes as standard with the "Big Daddy" bundle.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
sutclip
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That may be the case but my contract, in the promotional offers taken section states Big Kahuna Sports and Movies Bundle Optional HD and that means I have taken the HD option.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If you have taken the HD option it will show separately on your bill, & not as part of BK.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
sutclip
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The point I am making is about my contract saying I have the service as part of the package price stated. The contract is the ultimate agreement.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The Sky HD add on covers both Sports and Movies, depending on your SD subscription.

I can't comment on the contract situation, but as it stands you should either be getting Sports HD along with your Movies HD, or you shouldn't be getting Movies HD.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
pengedragon
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Optional HD suggests the HD is, er, optional surely?
0 Kudos
sutclip
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That is what VM say.

But when it say promotional offer taken is Big Kahuna Sports and Movies Bundle Optional HD then what have I taken and signed up for in the contract, an option to pay more for HD? That wouldn't be part of the contract as everyone has that option anyway.

There doesn't seem to be anywhere that the specific meaning of these terms and VM seem to be inventing the meaning to generate more income.

What I do know is that I won't be staying with VM at the end of my contract if this is the best they can do and they can kiss goodbye to over £1000 of income and when I go they will suddenly be much more cooperative

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

To me "Optional" does not mean its normally included. Either you chose to take it when you signed up & are paying for it, or if it did happen to be a freebe, it will show as a £0 addition on your bill as a separate item. As Ben said above if you get HD on Movies, it should be on Sports as well.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
andyland
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm, so you have movies HD working fine still, but not sports HD? Virgin moved the Sky Sports channels around last week - have you tried channels 502-507 to check if you can access those?
0 Kudos