Menu
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 1 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports F1 HD - intermittent blanking screen

Noticed this last weekend and just watched the F1 report tonight and it is still doing it.

Basically every minute or so for a split second the screen goes black. The audio is fine and I have rewound and paused it when the screen goes black and I can confirm that the VM blemish that Sky puts on its Sports channels in the bottom right is still on screen.

From the fact that the audio remains uninterrupted and the VM blemish remains on screen I can only deduce that the problem is definitely nothing at my end and is probably the feed from Sky.

Would appreciate if someone could investigate as the blanking was really quite annoying tonight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 2 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports F1 "blinking"

During last weekends Austrain Grand Prix I noticed that the Sky Sports F1 HD channel was "blinking" (apologies for not knowing the technical term). 

The sound would not be lost but for a split second every x minutes, the picture would be lost. I assumed this was down to the weather in Austria and thought nothing of it, but watching live again this morning from Silverstone and the coverage has the same issue.

Without any football I don't know if this is an issue on the other Sky Sports channels as well.

Is this a problem on my end, Virginmedia, or Sky? Might not be the biggest technical problem but is bloomin' annoying!

0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 3 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports F1 HD - intermittent blanking screen

Also have the same problem (and just posted a separate thread without noticing this thread so please merge).

Agree it is very annoying!

0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 4 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to the moderator who merged the threads...could they also respond to the complaint?

0 Kudos
derailed
Tuning in
Message 5 of 37
Flag for a moderator

I to am having this issue, again started last weekend at the Austrian GP. Just watching the British GP practice and noticing it happening still!

Anyone had any luck sorting it out?
0 Kudos
Richah
Tuning in
Message 6 of 37
Flag for a moderator

I have been watching the F1 this weekend on C4hd and there has been no problem with there picture or sound.

0 Kudos
TrickySi
Joining in
Message 7 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here. Seems to occur on most (if not all programming) on the HD channel. Have't tried the SD output so don't know if it's replicated there. Will be trying our other multi room boxes to see if this is a problem just with the TiVo box. Hugely annoying. Feel like i'm just sitting waiting for the next blank to appear which is affecting the enjoyment of the event itself.
0 Kudos
TrickySi
Joining in
Message 8 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Don't know if i've cracked this but i've changed the settings on the TiVo from 1080p native pass thru to 1080i and it appears to have stopped. Or is it just a happy coincidence I wonder?
0 Kudos
Fletch33
Up to speed
Message 9 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Issue appears to not be an issue during FP3.

0 Kudos
adz161
Tuning in
Message 10 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Having the same problem here in Northampton too . It is getting very annoying when watching ! 

Would be good if we can get an update from anyone at Virgin asap as to what the issue is ????

i think maybe that this only seems to have started happening since they are now multicasting the race on sky sports 1 also ?   

Silverstone p3 was no issue but as soon as it finished and went to adverts the problem has started again and now porsche supercup is on, problem is also back . 

Too much load on a transcoder somewhere Virgin ???  Sort it out !!!

0 Kudos