Menu
Lozsta
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sport season pass ended why has it automatically stuck SS back on my bill

When I set the season pass up I was told it would not continue beyond the end of the football season.  For some reason I am being billed for it still.

Can someone confirm the new season pass price and why this has been added without my consent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me add this to every post. My Router is more than capable of handling the speed. Also all tests are done wired.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sport season pass ended why has it automatically stuck SS back on my bill

You were mis-informed as the Ts&Cs of the offer clearly stated that you would return to standard pricing at the end of the season pass.

As yet there is no pricing for any new season pass, should there be one.

0 Kudos
Lozsta
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sport season pass ended why has it automatically stuck SS back on my bill

When will there be a new Season pass announced then?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me add this to every post. My Router is more than capable of handling the speed. Also all tests are done wired.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lozsta wrote:

When will there be a new Season pass announced then?

When it's available no doubt. Going by last year that will be nearer the end of next month.

I am waiting for news of both the pass and BT Europe but expect that there will not be any news until nearer that start of the new season, although I have been told recently that staff have been told internally that there will be a new pass offer but no details as yet.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Lozsta
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Frank. I am going to call and get it removed this evening and I am not paying for the usage already. SS is useless when there is no football on.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lozsta wrote:
Thanks Frank. I am going to call and get it removed this evening and I am not paying for the usage already. SS is useless when there is no football on.

I posted on this about a month ago. I phoned up when my pass was about to expire and was told that it would affect my contract if I cancelled so I decided to keep sports for the moment. It did not bother me too much as there were internationals to watch. 

However, with no football on now and the Copa America to watch for free on Premier Sports, and with the increase so obvious on my new bill, I called again. Had a good chat about football with the guy I spoke to and he took sports off with no affect on my contract which is due to expire next month.

He told me that they had received an internal email about the new pass but, as I said above, there is no detail at the moment.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lozsta wrote:
SS is useless when there is no football on.

Useless is probably overstating it as there is the golf, cricket and GAA, but it's definitely not good value for money.  I cancelled just before my season ticket expired and was offered the Sport for half price for three months, but even at that it seemed too much.  Premier Sport has a far more attractive offering this summer with GAA and Copa America.  If only I could stay up late watching the games.  Will subscribe this weekend for the Tipperary v Limerick hurling.  Worth £8 on its own for me. 

0 Kudos
Lozsta
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Golf, cricket, and GAA hold no interest for me. The golden years of Manchester Uniter and Liverpool is all I ever see on Sky Sports.

0 Kudos