Menu
andyluker
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sport offer

I got 6 weeks free sky sports from you which has now ended. Just before this I received an email offering me sky sports half price for 12 months. (£15.88) I agreed to this on the 21st Feb and I still do not have sky sports available to me.
When is it going to be sorted?
Tommytaka
Joining in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sport offer

I have the same issue. Signed up for half price sky sports offering on 25th February and still waiting for this to activate over 72 hours later.

Received a confirmation email directly after purchase stating this was being dealt with. When can we expect this to be available.
DomA
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I am in the same position. I have spoken to customer services who told me it should be done within a week but they can't confirm as it doesn't show on the account, not happy.

AVGVSTVS
Dialled in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Had my six weeks free Sky Sports but no email about half price deal. Shame, some great fixtures coming up.

0 Kudos
sch
Dialled in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

My I ask how you get all of these offers? We pay full price for sky sports and movies and in all of the years we have had Virgin, have never been given an offer on any of them.

0 Kudos
felix53
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I got an email with this offer and signed up to it on 22nd Feb. I got a confirmation email saying it would be activated within 48 hours. 6 days later and no sports. I tried an online chat today and was told there was no record of my order, but I could have Sports for full price! I just tried the link on the original email again and it says I've already accepted the offer. I tried to phone but can't find the option to speak to a person.

0 Kudos
DomA
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Still no sky sports and no contact from virgin, not sure why I expected any better.

0 Kudos
felix53
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

DomA - which options did you chose to actually speak to someone?

0 Kudos
DomA
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I really can't remember but spoke to 2 different people, one of which suggested the online offer was being provided by a team in Sheffield and they had no access to it. The did offer me a deal on the VIP bundle and the price was ok, the problem was that it was a new 12 month contract and the price would go up when it expired. So, i'm still waiting for my half price sky sports and in the meantime have bought a Now TV Sky Sports one month pass for £18 and a Now TV box with a 6 month entertainment pass for £20 which includes Sky Atlantic. The Now TV, whilst not able to record, is working better than I expected. So, if Virgin don't honour their offer it won't be such a difficult decision to move away.

0 Kudos
felix53
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thnanks DomA. I have had a Now TV box for a couple of years now and I buy Sports passes to watch Formula 1. I guess I will have to keep on doing that. When I phoned up I never got an option to speak to someone - it was press 1 for this, 2 for that etc, never press x if you want to speak to someone.
0 Kudos